- Spent the day at Ikea and LOVED every minute of it. It's such a good thing I don't have a busting-at-the-seams bank account, or it would be empty right now. You should see my IKEA catalog...bookmarked all over the place with things I want to buy. I didn't buy anything major because, 1) I'm broke right now and 2) I don't have any way to get it home anymore and would have to have it delivered (blah). But I did get several small bargains...like a cute little bud vase for 79 cents, dishtowels, etc. I almost get more joy from spending $20.00 on several little things than several hundred on one big thing.
- This past week kicked my butt! It was meeting week at work and so I was there basically every single day for either work or meetings...or both. It's different when you have a lot of meetings and you work dayshift, because at least you get to attend during your normal work hours. When you work nights and have to attend meetings, you have to be there both day and night and it spanks your ass. And if the meetings are for really stupid things? It makes it even worse.
- Aside from the meetings, work stress peaked out when there was a blow-out with one of the nurses who felt she was being treated unfairly. *sigh* Such bullcrap. And it was a lot of screaming and yelling *jazz hands*. I hate that crap and sometimes (often times) makes me wonder if this position is worth it. It's not like I'm making a ton more money for having this position and taking all of this extra responsibility and drama. I like the roll I have to fill but shit runs uphill & I'm not sure I like being the one uphill. I kind of miss being at the bottom of the hill sometimes.
- Speaking of drama.... the wasband was in full effect this week. It was SO BAD. And I would like to be able to hold my head up and say that I acted with grace and integrity (as I usually try to do)....but I SOOOOO didn't. If there is a complete opposite of grace & integrity, that's where I could be found. It started when I received an email from him with the subject line of "STOP", where he went on to basically say, "I know you signed into my yahoo messenger last night & told my friends I was going to kick their asses!" At first I laughed out loud, but then it pissed me off when he wouldn't leave me alone. Let me just say that YES, I have always had his passwords (stupid guy never changed them) and I have looked to see what he was up to when he was too quiet, but signing into his yahoo messenger and saying, "hey this is Scott and I'm gonna kick your ass"...that is THE DUMBEST thing I have ever heard! I think he was just using that as a lame excuse to contact me and rant a little bit about how he always treated me so good (HA!), blah blah blah. After a few emails, (SEVEN of them to be exact), I unleashed a barrage of curse words and insults on him so harsh that it would make the most jaded truck driver blush. I really went off. It was ugly. I wish I could say I regret it, but sadly, I don't. It felt good and he deserved all the ugliness. There was some other stuff too, but needless to say I think I reacted strongly enough to convince him to go away. Hopefully he did. I only have one thing to say to him... "To the left, to the left. Everything you own in a box to the left."
- Speaking of unsuccessful dating, there has been a guy I've been talking to lately who is enough to scratch the lonely itch once in a while, but I don't think it will be all that long-lasting or involved. Why? Simply put, because he's a bit of a perv. And that's a bit ironic, because I am normally a complete perv....but I think what I've learned is that I'm a selective perv. It has to be in the right situation, with the right person, at the right time....you get it. He acts a bit like he has perverted tourettes or something and I was surprised what a huge turn-off that can be for me. I normally love me some dirty talk, but when it is just blurted out mid-conversation in a really crass way? Blech. He won't be around long, I fear. He's only around now for the occassional conversation, but he's on his way out.