I've had an alarm set in my phone for MONTHS to count down the days until the movie opened and when the day was finally here, I was thrilled to be able to go. As I sat in the dimly lit theatre, my eyes began to well up with tears as I watched group after group after group of girlfriends come piling into the theatre. For some sappy reason, this really touched me. This show really does bring women together. No matter what your stances and viewpoints are, there's a character for you and it also shows how even women who are totally different can still love each other.
So anyways, as the women all settled into their seats, the lights went down and then right there before my very eyes--larger than life, in fact--were my girls. It's almost embarrassing to say that I started crying when I saw the characters one by one on the screen. Tonight I figured out why though. It's because I've never been blessed with any of those girlfriend relationships around here--mine are all at least four hours away. So for all of the years that I sat home alone, THESE girls were my girlfriends. I wasn't able to go to brunch every Saturday morning and girl talk with MY friends, so I went along with Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha. We girl talked about everything from careers, money and fashion to men and sex. I got to know each one of them intimately and grew to love them no matter how different they were from me. And I missed them. I missed my friends so much. That's exactly what this was like for me tonight--a great big reunion with my girlfriends that I haven't been able to spend time with for four years...and it was SOOO SWEET. :)
Trust me when I say that there is so much that I want to say about the movie, but WON'T because I don't want to spoil it for people. What I will say though, is that it was wonderful. Things happened that I NEVER EVER EVER expected and other things were the same as always--which was nice. The only glitch was when the movie actually MELTED inside the projector right before the end of the movie. YEAH!!! Because of that, I missed a few VERY IMPORTANT moments, but that's ok--they gave us free tickets to make up for it. They had to do something after all--Hell hath no fury like a woman who's Sex and the City movie just melted before her eyes right at a pertinent part of the film!!! All in all, I ADAMANTLY say that ANYONE with a vagina needs to see this movie IMMEDIATELY!!!! Run, don't walk! Seriously! What are you still doing here? Go! Go Now! You could've been there already, sheesh!
I don't know what took me so long to buy one of these things! THEY ARE AWESOME!!! And not that expensive either! I mistakenly always thought that you had to pay a monthly fee for this kind of stuff too, which is NOT true. I figured with us moving away to somewhere that none of us will know where the heck we're going, this will be a lifesaver.
Amelia likes that when you get to where you're going, Maggie politely says, "You have arrived." :) Tonight when we pulled into our driveway and she heard that, Emma said, "That was so nice of her! How did she know we were home?" lol So cute. I really do think this is my favorite and best investment in a long time though. I'm thinking everyone should have one!
The night that I have been dreading--the LOST season finale--has now come and gone. I've been dreading the finale because I love, love, love this show! And although it was nice to get some long-awaited answers (like WHO is in the coffin...and HELLO! I GUESSED IT WAS LOCKE!!! woohoo for me!), what else do you think happened??? Oh yeah honey--MORE FREAKIN' QUESTIONS !!! Like WHY are they calling him “Jeremy Bentham"? WHY is he not on the island? WHY are they all hating him so much? WHY is Sun trying to link up with the bad guy now? WHY is Benjamin hiding in the freaking funeral parlor? WHAT happened to Jack that he looks like a vagabond now? HOW did Jin get off the island--AND not know who he is or that he is supposed to be married to Sun? WHAT "very bad things" happened on the island after the 6 left, and WHY is Locke blaming it on Jack? WHY would Locke go see Walt? WHAT did Kate go do that Sawyer asked her to do? Why in the world do they have to all go back to the island TOGETHER, including LOCKE'S BODY? And I STILL don't know why there were stinkin' polar bears on that tropical island and last but not least, WHY are they making Sayid wear that ridiculous flat-ironed hair?
On the blog, they had a video that Maria had made with her daddy just two months ago one night during one of their chore times. It was Maria and Daddy's turn to do the dishes so they made a video about it (and wouldn't it be so cool to have him not only in your family, but as your dad?). Here it is. I hope it touches your heart and that you remember to whisper a little prayer for the grieving Chapman family.
I realized shortly thereafter that because I had used turbo tax to do my taxes (and had them take the fees out of my refund), that I would have to wait for a paper check instead. OK, WHATEVER. Still waiting a little less patiently. So last week we get a letter from the government that says that because of Scott's disability, he didn't make enough to qualify for any, so it would just be $1800 for the kids and I. Fine, whatever. I understand. The check was supposed to be mailed on Friday and I figured it would be here today ( I was BANKING on it being here today as we are out of groceries and have NO gas in the tank). Yep, you guessed it---no check. But that's not even the bad part. The bad part is that instead of the check, we get a letter from the IRS saying that when setting up the stimulus packages, congress decided not to honor the injured spouse forms filed by millions of hard working Americans who are not responsible for their spouses past debts (such as student loans, taxes or CHILD SUPPORT). They decided instead, to just split every incentive check right down the middle if you're married--EVEN IF THEY SENT YOU A LETTER LAST WEEK STATING THAT YOUR SPOUSE IS A NON-WORKING MOOCH AND DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR ANY INCENTIVE!!!
That's right! The government is sending $900 of MY $1800 TO Manteo, NC to pay some of Scott's past child support. They aren't even splitting it up between the three kids, just sending it ALL to the kid who is constantly setting his myspace status to things like, "I'm so stoned." "I'm so wasted." "I just got so high" "Dude, I'm so drunk!". Yeah, it's going to stimulate HIS economy. Of course, it's not the kids fault--it's my husband's fault. I'm very aware of this. But it BURNS MY BUTT SOOOOOO BAD that I go to college and work to support my kids and they don't even get what's coming to them. I'M PISSED. I called the IRS to tell them to fix it and heard, "I'm sorry ma'am, there's nothing we can do. This is the way congress set it up." So I think I'm going to be looking up my congressman next, and he's going to get an earful!
The only thing this news stimulated was the cork popping out of my jug and me exploding all over my husband to GET A JOB!!! I ranted and raved for a little bit saying all of the things that I always feel too nice to say, but really mean. In typical Scott fashion, he walked away from me waving his arms in the air and telling me to shut up....and then went to lay on the couch some more. WHAT A SURPRISE! I am so fed up with this man and with this "marriage" (it's in quotes because it's never been anything close to an actual marriage) that I just wish I had a sign to hold up saying, "I QUIT!"
There's the ones who are obsessed with their kids and the ones who are obsessed with their figures and the ones who really don't care about much anymore. There's funny ones, mean ones, tall ones, short ones, moms on bikes and moms in tights and moms wearing tennies and the ones that wear heels... stay-at-home moms and work-at-home moms and working moms and moms who've lost their minds (is there such a thing as a mom who hasn't lost her mind?)...
Ok, ok, so she actually didn't win awards for any of those things. But she should have. She definitely should have.
- He looks good in blue.
- He is SO patient with me. Things that I would snap at him for, he just lets go by.
- Even if it's something that I wouldn't make, he is always willing to cook for our family.
- He always offers to bring me something to drink.
- He gives great backrubs, footrubs, neckrubs.
I just saw on the news that the five-year-old daughter of Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman was killed in the family’s driveway tonight. Her name is Maria and the news said that she was accidentally run over by their 17-year-old son who was in the family’s SUV and didn’t see her. This is so sad and tragic. You know that they are hurting so bad right now and that the boy is probably beating himself up so badly.
Please pray for grace and peace for this family. I wonder if the words to his beautiful songs will haunt him or comfort him right now. I hope they comfort him--especially "With Hope".
- "Chirping bird sounds like 'get er done' " (What- the- heck???)
- "enema" (ummm, what?)
- "tresor sucks" (no, you suck! It's my favorite!)
The problem with this is that I can see (don't ask how--I just can!) that there are people reading! Blah! Why all the lurking? Lurking definitely has it's time and place, but cut a sister a break man! Say SOMETHING!
Ok, so I'm not sure if I have ten whole things to catch y'all up on, but I'll see how it goes.
1. I'm completely (literally) broke because my husband was pouting like a baby that his birthday "didn't feel special" because I had to do a little thing called WORK. So to shut him up (and more importantly to shut up the craving in my belly!), we went out to eat the other night at the Olive Garden. Tonight was part 2 of his birthday gift and we went to the movies to see Iron Man. Anyone who knows me knows that I would usually rather stick an ice pick in my ear than sit through a "guy movie", but this was actually really good. That and the fact that most of the movie I was lost in all of the Robert-Downey-Jr.-ness of it all.
2. As stated above, RDJ had me at hello. I believe it has a HUGE amount to do with the fact that he reminds me so much of a certain past someone and I kind of get lost in that for a little while. It's the wit. His wit and quick tongue are fabulous and I soooooo miss being around that all the time. I wish my husband had a good sense of humor and quick wit--he'd have to fight me off of himself with a bat! lol
3. We took Daphne to get spayed today. She did well and still drunk as a skunk bless her heart. The vet said, "Imagine if you just had 8 or 9 martinis--that's about how she feel right now. She'll probably slur her meows and say things she doesn't mean...but let her sleep if off and she'll be better tomorrow." lol I asked if I should keep my phone away from her so she doesn't drunk dial.
4. My parents are here. That's a mixed blessing. First of all, they offered to bring Darren home (four hour drive) after hearing that I was planning to rent a car to come and get him (our van is getting some high mileage and I'd rather have a newer car to drive that far in). That was such an awesome gift from them! I could never convey to them how much I appreciate things like that because: A) As mentioned previously, I'm lazy. B) I hate to drive that far on my only day off. C) I REALLY hate driving through those mountains. HATE, HATE, HATE. My Grandma H. used to call them "kiss-me-ass curves" because by the time you got around the curve, you were bent so tight you could kiss your own ass. lol
Having said all that, having someone in my space gives me anxiety. I feel guilty that my house isn't as clean as they used to have it, and that I like to watch whole marathons of Jon & Kate plus 8 instead of letting my dad watch westerns. They're really no bother to have here, these are purely my issues.
5. I heard from the spawn of satan mortgage company aka Countrywide. I really feel sorry for them because as wrong as they have done me, I know they have had to do wrong like this to others and they have some nasty karma coming their way! They called to tell me that my modification had been turned down because now they have decided that they want $4500.00 down towards the new agreement or the deal is off. I asked what happened to the $2000.00 plus I had already sent them and they said that none of that counted and it had all been applied other places (attorney fees, escrow, etc.). Sooo, they have basically stolen my money (again) and are blackmailing me with foreclosure if I don't come up with $4500.00 more. I am so THROUGH with this situation! I'm so frustrated. Actually, it's moving towards the acceptance phase and I'm tired of fighting. I'm ready to just throw my hands up and tell them to take it.
6. Things at home have been really good. Calm, sweet, good.
7. I had a nice Mother's Day. Maddie and Amelia made me breakfast in bed (toast with peanut butter and jelly on it, a bowl of Cap'n Crunch and a cup of caramel coffee). It was so sweet. :) Amelia has been busting at the seams for days to give me the gift she made me and finally got to do so today. It was a framed picture of her with a poem over top of it. She was SO PROUD. :) The poem was so cute and she personalized it for me, although after reading it I had to wonder if that's the legacy I really want to leave. LOL It said:
I cried from almost the beginning through to the end. It was really awesome and even surprised me towards the end. I'm not at all easy to surprise when it comes to this kind of stuff. Everything seems so predictable, and they managed to throw me a curveball. And I am so glad they did! It was during a part that I was yelling, "NO! NO! THIS IS SO NOT THE RIGHT DECISION!"...and they stopped and said exactly what I was thinking and went a different direction with the story! YAY THEM!
Seriously this was a really creative, emotional and well-written movie and Hillary Swank was awesome in it--although she looks like a really bad kisser. But I wouldn't have to worry about that anyways, so who cares. :) I give it two thumbs up! Has anyone else seen it?
Today is now officially Scott's birthday and I wanted so bad to get up with him bright and early, go to his doctors appointment with him and then maybe grab some lunch together before I had to head for work. I also looked at this as my golden opportunity to get the sleeping thing on schedule. I figured I'd have good incentive to go to bed early and also get up early, and that would set me on a straight path to sleepy nocturnal redemption. NOT.
I went to bed shortly after 1:30 (for me that's like NOON) and proceeded to lay there until 4 am when the worlds most annoying cat decided to ruin my carpet some more by clawing at it to try and get under my bedroom door. I finally got so mad at her that I flung the door open and smacked her butt, which only seemed to catapult her INTO my room instead of away from. After chasing her butt around my bedroom in the dark for what seemed like EVER and successfully waking up my husband, I finally caught her and shut her tail in the bathroom. She is now successfully pissing me off by clawing at the door and banging against it hoping it will open.
What the heck was I thinking by getting a cat? Seriously! When am I going to learn that I am NOT cut out for pets? I have no patience or tolerance for this crap! I've had four children and can hardly stand them sometimes! This is like taking on a whole other child! I am my own worst enemy--I never learn! Cats, men...doesn't matter. I always think it will turn out different next time. I'm too much of a nurturer for my own good. I think my problem is that I'm a situation-specific nurturer. I'm one of those it sounds good at the time but now I'm totally over it and don't want to do this anymore type of nurturers...and that kind of sucks. No, that totally sucks.
So here I am at 4:41 in the morning beating myself up about being so abnormal that I can't even sleep like a normal person. Isn't that the very first, most fundamental thing that we do in life? Eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. I guess that Meatloaf song about "two outta three ain't bad" should be my life's theme song. Somebody please feel sorry for me. Thanks.
Several weeks ago I finally relented to my tearful children and agreed to take in a stray cat that they had fallen in love with. She is a very good cat (overall) and after a good cleaning up she turned out to be a totally awesome pet--------until the new kitten came the other day. *sigh*
Thursday night Jelly came to live with us. Yes her name was supposed to be Daisy (or Velma because we already had Daphne...get it?), but her birth parents had named her "Jellybean" and leave it to my wonderful husband and my little traitor daughter to turn against me and go against "Daisy". They wanted "Jelly". My response to that was WTF? Seriously, what kind of a name is "Jelly"? My husband responded with, "What kind of a person names their cat 'Daphne'?" Oh yes he did! We ended up flipping a coin and unfortunately for us and the cat, they won. *another sigh* I've decided to rebel and just call her "J", Miss J if you're nasty.
Back to the subject, Daphne has been a total brat since the baby came into the house! I know she's adjusting, but she's just being a downright rude hostess. She hisses and growls anytime the kitten is near. I even caught her in the bathroom having backed the poor baby into a corner and was hissing like crazy. So like the good mom that I am, I've been trying to give each pet equal one-on-one time. I thought for a minute that Daphne was starting to adjust a little bit, but her behavior tonight tells me that she is N-O-T. She is so freakin' irritating! She is pouting like a big ol' baby and acting out like crazy. She does things she knows she shouldn't and then totally ignores me when I call her name. She started chewing at the electrical cords and trying to pull plugs out of the wall and so I booted her out of the bedroom. Her response to this was to start scratching and clawing at the carpet under the door to try and get back in. She actually frayed up a few places in the carpet and got to the mesh! I was so mad!
The kitten on the other hand has been very sweet, but has figured out how to climb things with her claws--including my legs and arms. No matter how many times I put her down, she climbs right back up and onto my neck--then around my shoulders and around. Over and over and over. My chest is totally clawed up. Her other fascination is with my typing fingers. She keeps pouncing on them. It's cute for about the first five minutes. By now I'm so over it.
As you can tell by the time of this post, my 1:00 bedtime didn't go so well tonight! lol