Censorship


I've been thinking alot lately about censorship. No, not censorship by the government but censorship of myself. When I started this blog I made the decision to be totally honest in whatever I was writing. I wanted to stand in my "truth"....whatever that might be on any given day. Put "it" out there. Feelings, emotions, crazy thoughts, typos (hey, I'm WAY too cool for spell check darling!).... whatever. John 8:32 says "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Usually I'm pretty successful too. But my "truth" today is that I haven't been totally true to myself. From time to time I find myself "editing" what I'm writing because I'm afraid of judgement, afraid of having to explain or defend. The only time I've been WILLING to purposely edit is by request to protect identity...that's ok with me.... TO A POINT... I never want MY truth to infringe on someone else's life. I'm still going to write about whatever it is that I'm feeling or going through....I'm just going to try to limit details or names where necessary.
My purpose here isn't to write a tabloid tell-all. LOL I saw a quote once that said "the skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think." Simple. Pure. Make myself and others think. That is my purpose and this is my journey. Sometimes it's beautiful, sometimes it makes you want to say "YIKES".... but as Oscar Wilde wrote "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." I'm not interested in impressing people. I'm not interested in making or keeping friends. The friends I have already know how fabulous I am! ;) They aren't going anywhere..... hopefully. :)
I feel like this is a blog of quotes so far! LOL Oh well, who cares.....here goes another one! "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Exactly. Amen. I can't be so afraid of someone else seeing what I'm really thinking or what I'm really feeling that I censor myself. The people that "get" me won't be scared away. Hey! Where did everybody go??? (*echo, echo*) ;)

Comments