Purple haze of Jesus


Maybe the hideousness of last weekend was the best thing that could have happened to us. Things too personal to share except with the closest of the close. Words said. Tears shed. Can't be undone. Bells that can't be un-rung. Consequences that nobody wants to face but have to. Plain and simply put.... rock bottom.

But God makes all things new. That's what he promised...and he's a keeper of promises. The clouded vision of looking through tear-soaked eyes has melted into the "purple haze of Jesus". That's how a voice from my past would've put it, except he meant it as a negative thing. As if those who could lose themselves in Christ's love and hand themselves over to him were weak and undesirable. I, on the other hand, see it as one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Selflessness. Love. Self-control. Sympathy and empathy. Joy. Peace in knowing I'm doing the right thing and it is well with my soul. Thank you Lord. If I had to suffer, please let it be for righteousness sake. I trust you and I'm seeing the results.

Let me tell you, I'd take the purple haze of Jesus that I'm swirling in vs. anything from the last few weeks that I'd had. Make that ever.

Comments