I am


A friend told me today that I needed to listen to this song because it "it is so you." And she also told me that I would probably cry all the way through it. So I couldn't wait for her to send it to me, I had to download it right away and listen to it....and yep, I cried all the way through! lol I love this song...she's right, it IS so "me". It's a very nostalgic, emotional, tender song between a girl and her everything...her Lord.

My favorite part of the song is this:

"Life had begun, I was woven and spun,You let the angels dance around the throne, who can say when,But they'll dance again, when I am free and finally headed home"
...that sounds so beautiful to me...and the visual I get brings me to tears. That's an image that I use to encourage myself when I feel like I'm doing everything absolutely wrong. That I'm falling on my face over and over. I remind myself that the angels danced and rejoiced when I was formed...and that I am loved deeply and beautifully by the one who will never leave me. My "I Am".

I Am

by

Nichole Nordeman

Pencil marks on a wall
I wasn't always this tall,
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed,
You watched my team win,
You watched my team lose,
You watched when my bicycle went down again,

CHORUS:
And When I was weak unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,
and I said "Elbow healer,
Superhero,
come if You can,"
and You said "I am"
Only 16,
life is so mean,
what kind of curfew is at ten PM
You saw my mistakes,
You watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again

CHORUS:
When I was weak,
unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,
and I said "Heart-ache Healer,
Secret-keeper,
be my Best Friend"
and You said "I am"
You saw me wear white,
by pale candlelight,
I said forever to what lies ahead
two kids and a dream,
with kids that can scream
too much it might seem when it's two AM

CHORUS:
when I am weak,
unable to speak,
still I will call You by name.
"Oh Shepherd,
Savior,
Pasture-maker,
hold on to my hand,"
and You say "I am."
The winds of change,
And circumstance blow in and all around us
so we find a foothold that's familiar,
And bless the moments that we feel
You nearer Life had begun,
I was woven and spun,
You let the angels dance around the throne,
who can say when,
But they'll dance again,
when I am free
and finally headed home

CHORUS:
I will be weak,
unable to speak,
still I will call You by name
"Creator,
Maker,
Life-sustainer,
Comforter,
Healer,
My Redeemer,
Lord and King,
Beginning andthe End,
I am,
yes, I am."

Comments