- First and foremost… HAVE YOU SEEN IT????? Of course I’m talking about New Moon!!!! It was FANTASTIC! I love me some Twilight, but I really didn’t think the movie was well done. THIS, however, was done very, very well. The only problem I had with it was that it resonates too much with my own life right now and so I was depressed at the end. But lucky Bella…she gets her happy ending. :) I’m so excited that I got to go…we’ve been waiting a LONG time for this day!
- Looks like I’m gonna have to DRIVE home for Christmas (BLECH!) I just don’t have the money for airfare early enough to get decent prices on tickets. We’ll see what happens. As long as I’m there in time for Chelli & Dewey’s New Year’s Eve party I’ll be good. Why??? Because Mama needs a cocktail!
- I sent a fax to the prison this week to let them know that they have the evil one’s name spelled wrong in their system. It’s been that way for years and I didn’t think much about it until I decided to search for him in some national databases for sexual offenders…he shows up, but ONLY if you spell his name WRONG like they have it in their system!!! If you spell his name right, he doesn’t show up at all! That’s not cool, so hopefully they will pay attention to my letter and fix it.
- I can tell I’m a little more stressed this week (it’s shark week and we’re all BITCHY!) because the freaking itching is back! GAHHHH! It’s called neurogenic itching or “scratch dermatitis”, which means it’s of a neurologic origin and not from a rash or anything like that. It’s mainly stress, depression or anxiety related. No one knows why, it just is. And there’s nothing really that can be done about it except for relieving the source of it…the stress. HA! If anyone knows how to do that, let me know! Because I itch! And when I say itch, I mean I-T-C-H!!! And the bad part is that it makes itself worse…meaning if you scratch one time, the itch gets worse…the more you scratch, the more you will itch. One scratch is too much and 10,000 are not enough!
- Since I couldn’t buy plane tickets, I did get to buy a dining room table & a new Christmas tree. You can see the table and the story behind it here. Amelia is SO cute…she has already washed it and polished it a few times. She is so happy and proud to have it. Bless her baby heart…while the older two are busy flooding my inbox with Christmas lists and pictures of things they want with full links and everything, Amelia just wanted a table so that we could eat as a family for Thanksgiving and is now so grateful to have it. She’s such a good girl.