Home again home again jiggity jig

Guess what I'm going to say? I need a new job! Those of you who talk to me on a regular basis would never hear that coming would you??? ;)
I've officially been on day shift a little over three months now and let me tell you--it SUCKS! I am NOT a morning person and will never will be. I gave it the old college try and it is NOT working honey!
I've also come to realize that I really don't like myself when I'm on dayshift. I know that sounds stupid, but it's kind of like a person who's on a strict diet for a long time or even a woman having PMS--they just aren't themselves AND they are c-r-a-n-k-y. I like my home life better when I'm on dayshift--I can actually have a life. But this getting up at 5 in the morning crap is for those retarded birds that start chirping at about that time. Not for me. I spend all day in a funk and staring at people with an annoyed expression on my face. I see them laughing and enjoying their morning and I am full of disdain and wonder if their mothers drank too much schlitz when they were pregnant or something. No, give me the night. It's quieter, and I'm a much cooler person. I need to make a button to wear on my uniform that says "I was a really funny person in my other life." Sad thing is I don't know that anyone would believe me. Just kidding. No I'm not.
The other thing about day-shifters (and I hope no one takes offense--I know there are always exceptions to the rule) is that most of them simply have NO personality! Believe me when I say I'm used to working with some pretty funny characters. We would laugh all night long and find great (read: immature) ways to entertain ourselves, but it was FUN. Here everyone is just so....so.... vanilla. I just don't fit in. And I want to find the nearest hole to take a nap in. I really hope the next twelve hours fly by so that I can get home. If not, someone might find me hanging by a noose made of gauze or find me with a scalpel stuck in my ear because this is just so freaking entertaining. Sorry, I forget how chipper and entertaining I can be when I get up at 5 in the morning. Welcome to my world. Now read something I write at 7 in the evening and you'll see a whole other person. Ok, I'm going to go sulk.


Comments

DJ's Mama said…
have u thought of doing journalism with some newspapers? someone suggested it to me the other day since i like to blog and research things. you are a FABULOUS writer and i can see you doing something like that.. and plus you could do wedding and stuff like that at night.. so u dont have to get up with the darn ole birds :)
Allison said…
Mornings suck. Nuff said.