Things I have recently learned/been reminded of about dating....

  1. Comfy clothes rule.  I chronically lounge around in my sweats or pajamas.  I can't STAND being uncomfortable.  Dating a new guy?  Yeah, that pretty much means you're trying to look all cute in pre-determined outfits, etc.  And that?  BLOWS.  Not very long into this thing, I said screw that and went and threw on my cut-off sweatpants and a t-shirt with no bra.  Oh yes I did girl!  I figure, why put fake stuff out there?  Why only put the "pretty" out there when if this works out, he will eventually end up with "comfy V" anyways?  Put it out there now and that way if he doesn't like it, he can bounce while the bouncing's good.
  2. I'm getting slightly better with people in my space.  At least until they.....
  3. Spend at least NINE hours parked in front of my tv watching all kinds of sports.  *blank, angry stare*  Ummm..... yeah.  Pretty certain I still hate sports.  Maybe not as much as I did when I was married to Randy, I mean I can handle them to a certain point.  Yesterday when he came over and wanted to watch golf for five hours but was still open to conversation and what-not?  I was okay with that.  Today when he went from motocross to golf to baseball back to golf and now motocross is on again?  While I keep whining that the sports are driving me crazy and that I've already done everything BUT visit with him today... like TOOK A TWO HOUR NAP, took a shower, shaved my legs, did my hair and makeup, cleaned my bedroom AND did two loads of laundry (yeah, what a "date"!)?  Uh huh, I see this not happening again in my future.  He's sitting down-couch from me watching his stupid motocross and I'm already pretty much deciding his fate.  This is crap.
P.S.....
After all that, I decided to distract him.  I started making conversation and then at one point, I stood in front of the tv.  He looked BOTHERED and tried looking around me!  So I said, "Oh, am I blocking the screen?"  And then get this........... he said, "YES, it's back on!"  AT WHICH POINT he physically put his hand (jokingly?  who cares if it was jokingly!) on the side of my face and pushed me aside.  Big mistake.  Big, big, big mistake.

And you haven't even heard it all yet!

So after ten-plus hours, the sports are all done for the day.  At this point, he hands me the remote like he's doing me a favor and we watch something else.  Pretty soon, he's snoring through it. *sigh*  Know where he went next?  He crawled in my bed and went to sleep!  FOR THE NIGHT!  Yep, man I hardly know.  In my bed.  For no scandalous reason.  Ummmm..... not okay.  Eventually (around 1:30 or 2 in the morning), I go to sleep myself.  I hear him get up around 7 or so I'm guessing and I'm still really irritated so I ignore him.  I'm thinking maybe he'll do the right thing and just get out.  Um, nope.  He comes back in around 1:30 (YES! He stayed, just hanging out and watching tv until 1:30!) all smiles and kissy telling me he's gonna take off, but that he had a great time and can't wait to do it again!

I didn't even know how to respond to this at first and was all, "You did?  Hmm.  That's interesting.  I mean, you seemed sooooo, what's the word I want to use?  Distant, maybe?  I mean you didn't talk to me, didn't touch me, watched 10 hours of sports..... "

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead and said, "Just because I'm not touchy-feely ALL the time doesn't mean I'm not having a great time!  I have a GREAT time with you!"

"Yeah, well I'm not saying I need a constant feed, but I AM touchy-feely.  I need that.  AND I told you that the day before.  I did NOT have a great time."

"Well, I'll definitely remember that for next time.  I'll take care of that."

Hmm.  Next time.  Riiiiiiiight.
    xoxo veronica

    Comments

    Anonymous said…
    As soon as I heard Em say ESPN, I said uh oh........ LOL

    Someday, somewhere there will be someone..........

    Love ya, Mom
    Dodi said…
    Oh my goodness. LMAO Does he own a TV at his home cause that is where he needs to go....HOME.
    Sorry
    Love Ya
    Dodi
    Allison said…
    Wow! That pretty much sums up my thoughts. Wow.