God can't drive a parked car!

~Affect others, don't let them infect you~

So I've been thinking about my goals for the next year. Financially, spiritually, friendships, parenting, home-improvements, love, etc. I know that you all know what I mean. It gets to be around Thanksgiving or Christmastime and I start getting reflective and analytical and thinking of all the ways that I've blown it over the last year. Any of my goals met from last year? Well, being frankly honest... I'm going to have to say probably not. 2005 is going to go down in the story of V. as one of the worst years. Strange...1995 was too. Wow, 1985 wasn't so hot either! Ok...that's a different blog! All I can say is that I hope 2015 will be better! lol

One of my goals last year was to not cuss anymore. Well....... *silence....cricket, cricket* LOL I have to say I'm a ton better than I used to be. I went a majority of my life without saying ANY cuss words....where did this nasty habit come from??? It's like patients that I have that say they didn't start smoking till they were like 27 or something. HELLO??? You should've really known better by then! So anyways I'm just going to have to shrug my shoulders and admit that this is still a work in progress and is once again a goal of mine.

I want to get my 401k up and running again this year...I still haven't done that since leaving the last hospital 3 years ago (yikes). More money in the bank. Tithe better... pretty much the old standards most people deal with.

I've already come across a couple of people that have pretty much moved from friend/best friend status down to acquaintance/friend status. You know how it goes. You quit talking everyday. Then it's every once in a while. Pretty soon hardly ever. Then there are the friends who have qualities that I just don't feel peaceful having in my life anymore. I have to keep growing and moving forward and I just can't have people that won't allow me to do that. They want me to stay the same person I was 5 years ago. Even one year ago! I wish they'd come along. I wish that they'd see gossip isn't as cool as it seemed when we were younger. Or that negativity only breeds negativity. It not only saps your spirit, but it's just not the right thing to do. Numbers 11:1 says "And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled." I'm not a negative person by any means. I've never been a pessimist. Like I've said a million times....I believe in happy endings! :) It's all going to work out just fine. And even on my worst days, God is sooo good.

I've been talking about this alot lately with several people. We've been talking about how EVERYONE has negative MOMENTS. Everyone. But they should be just that...moments. We have a negative thought, or we need to "barf" about something. But then the spirit and grace kick in...and we die to ourselves. At least that's supposed to be the process. That's what I need to make sure stays in check....my moments. And really they aren't out of control. But the problem is that I have friends whose moments ARE out of control. They aren't even moments anymore! They're sessions. Marathons. LOL And that is what has this on my priority list. Sometimes the Lord places people in your life to teach you what to do. And sometimes he places them in your life so that you can learn what NOT to do. Negativity will sap your spirit so bad that it can paralyze you. You will be so drained by the end of a "downer" conversation that you won't have anything left for yourself....or the Lord.

So my mission this coming year is to keep growing. Keep moving forward. God can't drive a parked car!

And as for the love life? Who knows? We'll see. :) There's someone I've been talking to who seems pretty awesome so far! Ok enough about that...I don't want to jynx it! ;)

Comments