Ancestors...

Today on the elevator at work, there was a lady wearing a hoodie that said, "I seek dead people."  It had a picture of a family tree on it.  I smiled and showed her my necklace (it's a small golden tree because I am also a genealogy nut).  We smiled knowingly at each other because we get each other.

It's so important to know where you came from.  The truth is that most of us don't even know whose shoulders we stand on.  The ancestors that are even two or three generations back.  I am in love with the research of my history.  I've been working on it for years and have only scratched the surface!  I want to get started on my maternal line soon.   

What I have learned from researching my family tree is that I have some amazing ancestors. They helped found the country, fight wars, start churches...so many cool things.  Because of them, I am here and I really appreciate their love.  Their lives are not going unknown and unseen. I see them.

XO, Veronica

Comments