A girl is... smiling :)


I can't believe I'm writing these words right now, but it needs to be said.....

I feel HAPPY!

Seriously, today is the first time in I have no idea how long... months maybe?... that I feel happy.  Joyful.  It's refreshing to be able to say that, but even more so to be feeling it.  And nothing in particular happened today.  As a matter of fact, I felt kind of crappy with my lupus flaring up & whatnot & I called off work because of it (Yeah, I did... which means please pray for me because I'm always afraid I'll get fired! lol).  So, aside from feeling physically a bit crappy, emotionally it's the first time in quite a while that I feel both hopeful and joyful.

Could it be because of the therapy I've been attending?  Haven't really done much work there yet, but maybe it's the process of starting?  Maybe it's because I filed the final final final set of divorce papers the other day along with my pre-postage-paid 9x12 self-addressed envelopes for the judge to mail out the final decrees to us (which means it is only a matter of days/weeks now!).  Maybe it's the fact that I went off the pill the other day because I have declared my life to be a penis-free zone for the foreseeable future while I'm working on my crap.  Could the chemicals already be leaving my body and putting me in a better mood?

Anyways, for whatever reason... I'm feeling good.  Happy, smiley... almost sociable even. I feel goofy and have been cracking jokes all day.  Basically back to my old self...hope it lasts.

Yay for happy days!
xoxo veronica

Comments