I always liked that best

"Where do I start?"....so goes the song that I love so much..."I always liked that best." I listen to it over and over again at times and it always gives me the same romantic, feeling full of wonder. I get a soft gazing look on my face and a smile in my eyes. It makes me think of all the sweet, sweet moments I've had in my life and the many loves I've had. At least a part of them. A hand, a kiss, a sigh, a grope. Laying there with only the light from the tv while watching movies. Footrubs, watching him cook and drink wine, while I lay there carelessly and patiently then listen to him thumb on a guitar that he was never confident enough to play except for now...around me. And it's so lovely. 2 people so in love and so relaxed. Nothing in the whole world but us tonight. slip in the bathtub behind me and wash my hair for me while singing softly in my ears. laying by the pool relaxing under a towel. hearing talks of margarita's and hawaii...maybe some viva la mexico fun. He's standing in the middle of the street to meet me. He's tall. I'm so nervous. spring breeze blowing through a curtain made from a sheet over our naked bodies. He's more shy...i'm enjoying the breeze against my naked flesh. Seeing him open my car door for me, standing together in the snow in the middle of an empty field. Making eye contact in drug mart, sitting on stools in the Lava Lounge drunk out of our minds but talking about philosophy and Jesus, how I looked like Marissa Tomei and how handsome he was in his suit and coat. Slow dancing in the kitchen to van morrison, laying on the couch watching shows on metaphysics, aim'ing till the sun came up sending songs back and forth..."oh that was great, but that was even better". Sweet, unexpected texts through the day...and the night. Love you Lola....Love you too Pepe... drinking wine on the back deck while he so impeccibly sorts the strands of my hair out onto the foils to give me the perfect highlights. Gentle faces and easy laughs. knocking water off the nightstand and as it splashes me in the face hearing him laugh so easily about it. Things were easy. They were sweet. Sweet first kisses while listening to soft rock at 3a.m. unassuming back rubs while sitting a little too close...should i lift the shirt or shouldn't i? walking through the zoo in the quiet snow. making love quietly and slowly for three hours on an air mattress on the floor. not even enough time for a hello before he swooped me into his arms and planted one on my lips that had been waiting for that very moment for over 20 years. kisses, bodies pressed, groping, lustful whispers into each others ears, lips on necks...falling onto each other on the bed and then climbing off again because we shouldn't. Souls colliding into each other. These are all parts of my visual when I hear this song... memories as sweet as tupelo honey. They aren't separate now, but one. One large love bundle of a memory inside of me to hold onto forever and recall whenever the muse speaks and moves. It's all me. We all have our own bundle.....this one's mine....what does yours look like?

Comments