The Girl Who

There is a blog that I have been reading for a long, long time now...it's called "The Girl Who". Actually, the name changes occasionally...but to me that's what it will always be.

It's about a woman that grew up Mormon out west, got married and moved to Brooklyn. Her husband is a member of the band "Marah" and frequently has to leave to go on tour (and p.s... I LOVE the way her husband indulges her, like always helping to take her pictures, etc...most husbands would've given up on that and gotten bored long ago!). Alot of people hate this blog for the very reasons that I love it so much... she is so raw and candid. She can be raunchy, racy...even crude. She has an innapropriate flair about her most of the time and.... reminds me so much of myself. The me that is actually in my head that is. As "out there" as I've been in my blogs (even though I've reigned it in considerably...) I still always find myself so filtered. Always considering what others will think of me... always afraid to color outside the lines too much. But not her...well, maybe she does I don't know... but I do know that what she actually puts out there is pretty raw... and it reminds me that I'm not unusual...it inspires me to be more authentic... or as she once said (and I can't find the exact quote, so I'm paraphrasing here) "hanging out my dirty laundry, bloody crotch stains and all..." I know that alot of people I know would be totally turned off by her writing... but I get it.

Comments