This is one of our family's all-time favorite meals! It is so good! Definitely comfort food for me. It is so flavorable. I seriously don't even add any seasonings to it. Once in a while I might throw in some garlic, but it is really not even needed. The other thing I love? That it is SO easy to make. The sausages sear while you are chopping the vegetables and then it just simmers.
I hope you love it as much as we do!
- Olive oil
- Italian sausage (I prefer mild; you choose the quantity)
- 3 Bell peppers (green, yellow, or red)
- 2 onions
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2-3 cups of water
- hot dog buns
- Slice onions and peppers
- Heat olive oil on medium-high
- Place sausages in pan until nicely seared on both sides
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the tomato paste and water together and add to the pan
- Cover and cook on medium heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Place sausage on the bun and place onions and peppers on top
Click here for printable recipe