42...


Today was my 42nd birthday,
and what a wonderful day it was.

From beginning to end, it was filled with love,
sweetness, and good energy.
I saw nothing but generosity of spirit, heart, time, and gifts.

I am truly, truly blessed.

2015, I'm coming for ya. ;)

Paul made my favorite (and now official birthday cake) strawberry, coconut cake.

He only put coconut on half because
there are a few people in this house (weirdos)
who do not care for coconut.

It is so moist, dense, and flavorful it is CRAZY!

He claimed the store only had vanilla ice cream (he knows it is my least favorite).
So, I do wonder if this was the truth, or merely a ploy (because it happens to be HIS favorite). ;)

The kids got me some cute gifts and everyone got me nice cards.

And, HE went to JARED! :)


He got me a little necklace I've been wanting that has a little tree.

Genealogy and family trees are my favorite things,
plus this (to me) symbolizes family and friendship in general.

I had wanted it for Christmas, but he saved it for my birthday.

Of course, he keeps talking smack about it and dissing it at every opportunity,
because he thinks it is way too small and should be MUCH bigger.

And of course, I look at him like he is crazy because
I would NEVER wear something that big!

I prefer dainty and delicate.
Something I can wear on a daily basis and let it be the
unobtrusive decoration that it is.

Whatever,  thanks honey!
You did good; I love it!

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments