Just finished....

"Heaven Is For Real"
by
Todd Burpo

I was excited to read this book because I've seen this family on tv before and it was such a fascinating story and seemed so genuine.  Then I saw a ton of different reviews that were all raving about it, so I was super-excited to read it.

This book was a very easy read.  I read it in one afternoon.  But regardless of how easy it was, it was still a great little book.  I loved reading all of the details about Heaven and Jesus.  I particularly loved the bit about how he always compared pictures of Jesus and none of them were ever "right," and then he finally saw one painted by a young girl that also claimed to go to Heaven that finally received his stamp of approval.  I found myself staring at that picture for quite a while, mesmerized.  Is that what the face of my savior looks like?

I have always been intrigued by near-death experiences and stories from "the other side," and this one is not just interesting, but I think even more interesting than normal because it comes from the innocence of a little one.

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments