Today's blog is brought to you by the letter V....
Truths about me and things learned along the way....
- I need to be creative. When I'm not, I feel withdrawn and withered, like I'm merely wandering through life.
- Crunchy is a necessary texture.
- "I have a mind which is bigger than the rest of me, an inexorable conscience."~anais nin
- I write because I want to capture my life. I want to literally capture the intricate details together in the same place at the same time for all eternity just as they were.
- A partial truth is still a lie
If you really love someone you will never let them go…especially to possibly go meet someone else. You will hold onto them and fight for them…you don’t drive them to the airport and wish them well.
- Think of my vagina as a vase. If you’ve had sex with me, it’s time to send flowers.
- It’s good to feel necessary
- Creativity is sexy.
- I am destined to be paler than a nun's ass.
- Sometimes I have the need to fall into a heap and cry, but when I’ve met that need I will stand back up and keep moving.
- Something’s always happening and evolving with me. If you are bored here it’s your own fault.
- Let me have my freakouts once in a while. That’s what I do. That’s my process. I freak out and panic. I get talked off the ledge. Then I regroup, focus and kick butt.
- A bit of black in every room.
- I need to tell my story because it is the only one that is mine to tell.
- Nursing is a gift in that you have to be so consumed with meeting the needs of other people that you simply don’t have time or opportunity to collapse under the weight of self-pity.
- Big scary whales freak me out.
- I'm not a pet person. And that doesn't make me a bad person.
- The feel of paper grosses me out.
- My favorite flowers are tulips and lilacs.
- I hardly ever listen to the actual radio (only my ipod) or watch the news.
- Fat happens.
- In an effort to simplify and destress my life, this past fall I let my advanced cardiac life support certification expire. It's the first time I haven't been certified in over a decade. It's bitter sweet.
- Time and truth always meet.
- If you never meet the devil head-on, maybe you're going the same direction.
- Humans are best during adversity because that’s when we forget about ourselves.
- I want my daughters to be proud to say “I am my mother’s daughter”
- Choose to be kind over being right
and you'll be right everytime.
- “Give people enough time and they will almost always surprise and impress you.” Randy Pausch
- A Bulldog can beat up a skunk anytime, but it's just not worth it.
- You are nothing but energy and you are responsible for the energy that you bring. ~Oprah
- When people shut their ears, shut your mouth.
- If your kids ever get lost, teach them to find a woman who looks like a mom. I'm not saying men aren't compassionate or helpful, but a woman who is looking at a lost, scared child will protect and rescue to an even stronger level than a man.
- Because I don’t always pay attention to God's whisper, I tend to stay too long in places I shouldn’t be.
- Because of my root of rejection, I want everyone to feel loved & that they matter. I need to learn that doesn’t mean they have to be loved by ME. I need to stop bringing all the stray puppies with parvo home and trying to love them into normalcy.
- It’s okay to be angry when I’ve been wronged. I don’t have to be pleasing all the time.
- You are supposed to give the child back to themselves by reflecting their beauty back to them through your eyes ~Jane Fonda
- The work that you put into something is exactly what youll get out of it.
- I’m not interested in growing your network. If I’m just a number on your page and you’re not participating in my life at all, you’re outta here.
- I’ve retained my faith in human nature, but am not as gullible as I once was.
- The most interesting parts of your life are typically when you have failed at something.
- Ask for what you want! It is not an act of selfishness to ask for what you want or need. It liberates not only you, but those around you. It’s exhausting for others to guess what you want & it leaves you frustrated & angry when people don’t guess what you want & provide it.
- When a couple is not regularly having sex, they will either fornicate or fight.
- It is not enough to love and be loved. I have learned that physical presence is one of the most important things for me.
- I spend too much time in my own head. I take the path of most resistance. I’m too caught up in my own shit.
- When people judge you it’s because they don’t know you. Dogs don’t bark at people they know.
- Approach determines response.
- Put your label maker away and just live and let live!
lurve you, xoxo v.