Benlysta no. 4....

I had my fourth Benlysta infusion yesterday.  I think the immediate side effects that I normally experienced the first evening (nausea, headache, itching) are getting better.  Still there, but better.  However, the extreme fatigue and heaviness that lasts a few days are not subsiding.

Today, I slept in then went back for a two and a half hour nap and feel like I could go to bed right now.  The problem is that my mind is wide awake so sleeping is not an option.  I even had trouble holding my dinner plate (while watching tv, I know).  My left arm feels like it needs supporting because it's so weak.  I need to lay my head down often.

The good thing is that I know this only lasts a few days and is well worth it because my overall energy level has greatly improved since starting this medication.  I'm grateful for it and hope it continues to get better and better.

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments