God only knows....

Sitting here bawling like a baby.  I finally got to watch the finale of Big Love... did you see it?  I can't believe it.  I'm so sad for them.  I know it's just a show, but as usual, I feel like they are family to me.  And as usual, I see the man removed from the picture and all that remains are the women taking care of women.  Not saying anything was wrong with the man, just saying that women are what it usually comes down to, doesn't it?

When I'm in a pinch and I need help, who do I call?  My mom.  When I'm mad, sad, happy, irritated, who do I call?  Allison.  When I was devastated by what the evil one had done, and for a brief moment allowed myself to feel the grief, who took care of me?  Women.  I can remember laying on the couch, sobbing, barely able to take care of myself, and looking around to see someone cleaning my bathroom, while another woman was cooking for my children.  That only lasted a day or two (because I'm too stubborn for my own good sometimes), but it hit me on that day that when the chips are down, the women in my life are what I have, and that's only been reinforced to me over and over.  When Allison & Shawnda drove four hours through the snow, just so that I wouldn't have to sit in a courtroom & see the evil one for the first time alone after what happened.  When Joleen came running, breathless into the emergency room in the middle of the night and scooped me up to cry with me that tragic night.  To rejoice with me over good news, to celebrate kids' birthdays, to make sure my kids found a good school in a strange town, who make sure I get hugs and kisses through the mail to let me know I am being thought of.

Women.... you are loved.  You are cherished.  You are treasured.  God only knows what I'd be without you.





lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Allison said…
I can't imagine my life without you in it. 25 years....and many many more to come! I love you, friend!

P.S. And girlfriends are what makes the world go round!!!