Chicken soup for my soul


Oh there are no words for how much I love Sex and the City.  I watch it and I feel like I'm home again.  Like I'm visiting my best girlfriends.  The seasons just got better as they went along and as these characters developed, in my opinion.  It became a little less crass and a lot more beautiful.  I have many favorite episodes, but this is one of my favorite scenes of all-time.  She is trying to get Mr. Big out of her system and has started a new life with a new man that none of her friends really love and don't see what the attraction is.  I don't think she really knew what it was either.  He wasn't Big and he wasn't horrible, so she could live with it and make do.  Yep, done that.  When things evolved and she saw that he really wasn't all that great, and that he was selfish and could be rude and always down-played her feelings and her life, she finally says enough and leaves.  Yep, done that too.  She ends it with one of my all-time favorite monologues of hers and each time I watch it, I feel like I'm the one doing the speaking.  Life imitates art, and vice-versa.  (The part I love begins at 1:44).




lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments