Friday five


  1. I'm loving my new phone.  For the most part anyways.  Don't get me wrong, this phone rocks in the same way that I like my men.... straight up & dirty.  But, I can't help but denying that the older I get, the less impressed I am with gadgets.  I just don't get technology crushes like I used to.  It's an HTC Touch Pro 2 and it's pretty freaking amazing.  The screen is amazing and the touch is really responsive and behaves well.  It doesn't drop a million calls like my Blackberry did.  The only complaint I have about it is actually the thing that most other people rave about...the keyboard is larger than a normal slide phone.  This makes it easier to type (in theory).  The problem is that I have tiny hands and it's hard for me to hold it and reach all the keys.  I make do and it's not enough to make me wish I hadn't bought it, but it's noticeable for me.
  2. I'm worried about Courtney, please pray for her.  This girl just WILL NOT stop missing school.  She's grown now and I have to let her make her own mistakes.  There is just no talking sense to her.  She has already been through one credit appeal due to excessive abcenses and they told her that if she showed up in this position again, they probably would not grant it again.  WELL, guess what happened?  She's on no-credit status and has to go for a credit appeal next week.  AGAIN.  She thinks it's all better this time because she has doctor's excuses this time, which may or may not be the case, but still...why would you risk it???  And now?  She may have kidney stones.  *sigh*  She already called me once tonight almost crying about the pain.  Because it's Sunday night and there's school tomorrow or because it's legitimate?  I'on't know *shrugging shoulders*
  3. I have bad news. :(  My tulips were murdered. *sniff*  I put them out on the patio to soak up some rays...and a sudden storm happened upon us.  Before I could get out there to rescue them, the winds had already snapped most of their little necks.  I was crushed.
  4. Mom is coming for a visit next week!  It will be nice to see her and will be good to get her out of that bullcrap east-coast weather for a while.  I miss the rest of the family too and wish I could afford a trip home for all of us to see everyone.  There will be plenty of that this summer though.  I need to start saving every penny now!  Between graduation parties (I HOPE!), weddings, taking kids there for vacation, etc, there will be a lot of frequent flyer miles being accumulated (and money being spent!).
  5. Last but not least, the question that's most frequently asked... what is going on with Primo?  Well, I wish I could answer that.  The only thing is I still don't know.  He's like the ocean tides...it depends on what time of day you catch him.  I think it also depends on where in the moons phase the day falls too.  Seriously, he confuses me!  On one hand things are good.  We hang out, we take the kids out to dinner, we occassionally spend time snuggling up and watching a movie or something.  Some of the main problems is that we are pretty much on opposite work schedules and also, he has been in the process of moving for the past few weeks.  So, it's hard to find time available at the same time and needless to say, he's been a little distracted.  Other than that though, he's just a tough one to read.  He clams up tight and I'm not used to that.  After a few long conversations, he seemed to drop his guard and I really thought we were making some progress.  He was all smiley and affectionate and cuddly and had the walls down....till the next day when it was daylight again.  I think he's some kind of emotional vampire.  But, once again...it's sort of a good thing because I do. not. need. anything to be complicated by emotions or anything.  The problem is that I do want to enjoy who I'm with.  I don't want you to  want to marry me...but I want you to be open, fun and friendly while I'm with you.  Did I tell you about the two kid-fiascos we already survived? LOL  Okay well, my kid went first...and I thought I would DIE.  We were walking out of the restaurant and to the car when his daughter (who is 8 and Emma's new BFF) went running towards him smiling and yelling "DADDY!"  Before you know it, there's Emma following suit!!!  She goes running towards him and throws her arms around him in a big hug and screams "DADDY!!"  He thought it was the funniest shit he'd ever heard....THANK GOD!  Then, the other night I watched his daughter as he & Courtney finished moving all of his stuff .  When they were done, I took the kids to Dairy Queen and then over to the new house.  After we had been sitting there for a while, his daughter came downstairs and exclaimed, "I don't see why you guys can't just move in with us?? It would make things so much easier and be so much more fun!!  Dad, can they move in??"  I almost choked on my ice cream! lol  But once again, he thought it was hillarious.  That's one thing I like about him...how laid back he is about most things.  He just doesn't get easily offended.  That's nice most of the time.  Now if only we could shut these kids up!

xoxo
♥ veronica

Comments