Reflection....


Okay, I know this picture may gross some people out (because it would normally gross me out too.  Hair. Ick.), but I don't care, I'm sharing anyways.  I just walked into the bathroom and saw that I forgot to put my hairbrush away this morning.  Then it occurred to me that I haven't cleaned it out in a while.  A long while.  Like a few months long while.  Then a wave of gratitude swelled over my heart and I had to say thank you to God.  You see, there was a time not so long ago when I had to empty this hairbrush at least twice per week because it was so overflowing with hair that I couldn't use it.  Hair by the gobs in the shower, hair on the floor, hair on my pillow, hair on my shirt, hair hair everywhere.  Now, I'm not losing my hair anymore because I don't have to be on that dreaded medication that makes my hair fall out and makes me feel so miserable.  Thank you Lord.

And it was one year ago last Friday that I was in surgery because I was nearly hemorrhaging.  I can't have babies anymore, but I'm grateful for the four that I have and that I'm now healthy and feeling better.  And in 23 days it will be one year since I broke my ankle.  It was a long, hard recovery but I'm so grateful that there was a way that I could heal without surgery even though it took several months.  And even though my ankle will never be the same (especially when the weather is bad), and I will probably never get to wear cute high heels again, I'm glad that I am just about back to normal and can walk again every day. 

I start my Benlysta again tomorrow.  I have to admit that I have been afraid of it and kind of dreading it.  But God used something as simple as seeing this hairbrush to bring a ton of gratitude to my heart about my basic health and well-being.  I know that I have faced bigger, badder devils than this IV infusion that I have tomorrow.  Hopefully, this will be a piece of cake!

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Hang in there babe. Love you!
Allison said…
Great perspective. Rejoicing with you at how far God has brought you in the past year. I love you :)