Fear of falling

 I'm so sad right now. I know I'm freaking myself out and can be my own worst enemy, but regardless, here I am. I had to go back to Occ Health today because I now have shooting pain in my shoulder. I have bursitis due to being on these crutches for the past 8 weeks. So, I was ordered to not use the crutches anymore and they delivered a "knee walker" to my home. Have you guys seen one of these? It looks like a scooter but you kneel on the seat with one leg and push yourself around with your good foot. Well, this thing has FREAKED ME OUT. I always thought they looked easy and actually thought about renting one, but when I actually got on it, I feel SO unsteady and feel like I'm going to fall. I don't think I realized how afraid of falling again I was until I got on this and now I am petrified. I know I'm probably just not used to it yet, but I don't know how I'm going to get used to it when I'm so afraid of using it. I went about 20 feet on it and parked it and just keep staring at it with tears in my eyes. I don't know what to do about this. Worker's Comp says I have to use it, but...... :(

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

RedPita said…
Random side note: My favorite quote from the classic Erica Jong book 'Fear of Flying' -

"Beware of the man who denounces women writers; his penis is tiny and he cannot spell."

I just thought you would get a kick out of that.
Allison said…
I'll bet the kids are having fun with it!!! Hope you get the hang of it soon and get to rolling all over AZ!! :)