BOO!!!

I'm having so much trouble getting motivated this year! I can't get my house how I want it, partly because of a frustrating husband who blocks me at every turn...long story for another blog.... and partly because I just feel freakin' LAZY lately! I was too lazy back in july to have Maddie's b-day party. Then in August to have Amelia's. lol Poor kids! So I made it sound like I did it on purpose and all fun and said "I thought it would be fun to have late birthday parties and have a HALLOWEEN party!!!" Oh man...HOOK, LINE & SINKER! lol So they've been nagging me since then about planning the party and I didn't want to hear it. In one ear and out the other. But today I figured...ok, I got people coming! I need to start figuring SOMETHING out before I wait till the last minute like usual.

So we decided on a basic plan of attack. Everyone's soooo excited because I normally don't do the whole "halloween" thing...FALL, yes...but not halloween. So we agreed on the basic ground rules... Spooky & creepy is ok...like spiders, bats & creepy crawlies. Death is NOT...no tombstones, arms sticking up out of the ground, etc. No gore or blood & guts. No evil...like pentagrams and the other nasty junk they have at the halloween store. Maybe a lighthearted skeleton here or there, but nothing bad. I explained to them that they needed to find a way to participate in these kinds of things and have fun without crossing the line and being dishonoring to God. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol Scott gave me a little bit of attitude along the way because he's a halloween freak and likes all the nasty gore and creepiness, but I stood my ground. He finally admitted that he saw my point and agreed.

So we decided to have some of it in the house...like the food and gifts, etc. And to have the rest in the backyard. We're going to set up a "haunted maze" which will just be a section of the yard cut off with a sheet running down the middle on a clothes line. The kids walk down one side of it and then up the other side. Along the way Courtney and some of her friends will be here and there making it like a mild haunted house (these are little kids...nothing too scary....just fun). We'll have another area for bobbing for apples and another for other games. We plan to have lots of cornstalks, pumpkins and bales of hay.

So off we went to the store. We didn't get everything we needed before we ran out of money, but we got alot. We bought a fog machine for the haunted house and some creepy sounds cd's they had at marc's for $1.00 each (saved me the trouble of downloading and burning!). Courtney plans to be a spooky looking old woman standing there stirring her "soup" in a big pot. When the kids get closer she'll ask if they want to look in her pot and they'll see all kinds of nastiness in there. lol We got some spiders and rubber rats and centipedes and gummy eyeballs...yeah, all the yuckiness that kids love! haha We plan to have someone dress up like a scarecrow and be standing there then move and surprise the kids....stuff like that. So we got some paper lanterns with lights in them and different misc. stuff.

By the time we got home I thought I was getting a little more excited about everything and was more motivated. We came in and I pulled out the rubbermaid container with all of our fall decorations in it. Opened it. Walked away thinking "yeah, that's enough for today." lol I just can't get it in gear! Poor kids. They have so much fun with that stuff and I used to be so good at decorating for all the holidays and stuff...but not anymore. I'm getting to be a lazy old woman who doesn't want to be bothered with it all.

It's gonna be awesome though. :) And I'm excited that Maribel and kids are coming up for the party...and maybe Soapie too! What an awesome weekend! Any of you who think they can make it to Cleveland the week of the 20th are welcome to come party and hang out for girls weekend! :)

Ok, I'm tired. I've been out of my pajamas for too long....

Comments