What is a Spirit Guide and How Do I Connect With Them?



One of the most important things that has ever happened to me is to learn about my spirit guides.  That truly is what kicked off my spiritual awakening and I would say they have changed my life in more ways than they could ever know, but they do.  They know.

So, what are spirit guides?  Do you need to be afraid or creeped out?  Where are they and how do you communicate with them?

First of all, NO.. you do NOT need to be afraid of them or creeped out by them.  They have nothing but love for you.  Lets start at the beginning.

Spirit Guides are human souls that are no longer living on earth and are now in Heaven.  They are not God, they are not angels.  They are not to be worshipped.  They are simply souls that are not currently incarnated on the earth and they have signed up to love you, encourage you, guide you, and support you through your current lifetime.  It is their job to help you accomplish the goals that were set for your during this lifetime.

It is your birthright to have spirit guides. Of course God is in control of everything, but He gave you an entire spiritual team of loving and supportive helpers to assist you.  You have God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Angels, and Guides.  Angels are purely benevolent beings that have never been, nor will ever be human.  They are more protectors.  They are very powerful beings and are always there for you.

Every person that comes to live on earth has at least one spirit guide that is with them through their entire lifetime.  That's right...from the moment you are born, until the time you return to Heaven.  And honestly, even beyond that because they help you cross over and get used to Heaven.

Depending on where you are in your life and what projects you have going on, you will have other guides come onto your case.  When I first began speaking to my guides, I had around a dozen of them.  Now they tell me that the number has risen, but I don't know how high.  You may have guides to help with certain creative projects, medical issues, learning a new skill, to help you learn how to pray better, to learn how to open your heart and love, to make better decisions, etc.

Basically there is a guide for just about everything. See, once you set your intention to something, the universe conspires to help make it happen.  So, when you want to accomplish something, as long as it aligns with your energy and your highest and best path, if you don't already have a guide for that purpose, you're going to get one and they will assist you.


The thing is that they are always around you.  You may not be aware of them, but they know everything about you...even more than you know about yourself.  Even when they are not actually in the room with you, they are always in tune with your energy and they are always helping you.  And they are usually pretty close by, if not right next to you.

They love you very much, and whether you remember it or not, you love them too.  They are your friends and possibly your family.  They have senses of humor and like the same music you do.

My main guide's name is Spomohmorst (I call him "Spomie") and his favorite John Mayer song is, "Covered In Rain", his favorite Christmas carol is, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", his favorite color is blue, and his favorite food in his last lifetime was pizza.  And he is hilarious!  He has such a funny sense of humor and makes me laugh all the time.  He can be a little sarcastic and a bit of a smart-ass, if I'm being honest, but always in a good-natured, loving way.

Spomie has been with me for more lifetimes than you can imagine.  We are related, but have never lived a lifetime together on earth.  When I asked him why not, he said that he was able to help me much more effectively from the position he's in now.  If I'm speaking honestly, he's my best friend.  I'm so grateful that I've gotten to meet my team and they have become my friends.

So now you may be asking, "How do I connect with my guides?" The answer is simple...talk to them.  You don't even have to speak out loud, you can think the thought in your head and they will hear you.  Because everything is energy, that means your thoughts are energy and your guide will hear you.  The truth is that you probably hear them talk to you all the time, you just don't realize it.  More on this below.

Here are ways your guides may connect with you...


 Through Telepathy
Mostly of the communication between us and our guides is through telepathy.  That just means communicating with your mind.  They will show you symbols or even speak to you.  Your guides talk to you all the time, but you most likely think it's your own voice that you're hearing in your head.

For example, a though may cross your mind... "You should move that glass before it gets knocked over."  So you move the glass and two seconds later someone bumps into the table where it was and it would've spilled.  Or you can't remember where you parked and suddenly it comes to you and you're like "Oh that's right!"  These are all examples of your guide talking to you.

How do you tell the difference between your voice and your guide's?  Because when it is your guide it is information that you didn't put there.  It is information that is merely received.  In your mind, if you are thinking, "2+2=4", then you came up with that information.  But if you're cooking dinner and you think you've done everything you need to do, and suddenly you get a thought of the cilantro you forgot to add, then that wasn't you.  That was information sent to you by your guides and received by you.  See what I mean? Information from your guides is received passively rather than actively.

Dreams

Honestly, this is the biggest one.  Huge, huge, huge.  Your guides are in charge of your dreams and they decide what you dream about, who will be in it, and for what purpose.  They decide what "tools" need sharpened (as they put it).  I jokingly asked my guide once, "So, do you guys have like a weekly staff meeting and decide what dreams you're going to give me for the next week?" and he replied, "Yes, something like that."

Everything in your dreams means something.  Nuances matter.  Colors, symbolism, names, places.  They all matter.  And pay attention to who is making contact with you in your dreams...who are the background players that you have no contact with, and who are the main players that speak with you, make eye contact, etc.  Because those main players are your guides.

Synchronicities
These are what some people would call "coincidences"  Well, there's no such thing as coincidences.  It is all planned for your benefit.  A common one is seeing at least 3 repeating numbers or letters, thinking about someone and then getting a call from them, remember that you have a bill due in time to pay it, etc.  You may think of a song and then it comes on the radio, etc.  There are countless examples I could give.

Music
Simply put, your guides are in charge of the music in your head.  You have your very own built-in D.J.  They decide which music would benefit you the most at that time and they play it.  Are you sluggish in the morning and are having trouble getting going?  For example, you will probably have something upbeat playing.

They speak to you through your gut
People like to say, "Follow your gut."  Well, there is truth to this because your guides speak to you through your intuition.  Listen to it and don't second-guess it.

Meditation
 Many people have guides that communicate to them while they are meditating.  Again, pay attention to pictures you get in your mind or ideas that come to you (telepathy).

Nature
 There are all kinds of ways they may get a message to you, but one of the ways is through nature.  My symbol for my guides is a dragonfly.  When I see one, I know spirit is going out of their way to let me know I'm not alone.  An example of this is when I was at my Grandma's funeral and a dragonfly landed on my hand and sat there.

Automatic Writing
 I don't have a whole lot to say on this because I've never done it and have never been very interested in it.  However, some people really resonate with this

A Knowing
You may have a knowing.  What this means is that you just know something or understand something as if you had first-hand knowledge of it.  This one happens to me a lot.  Sometimes after dreaming something interesting and I ask my guides what it was supposed to mean, all of a sudden I just understand it.  I just know what it is.  Another example is when something seems wrong with someone and I ask my guides what is going on.  All of a sudden, I just know...they're having a bad day, or they're sad, or they're just busy, etc.

Seriously you guys, if you open your heart and your mind to the realization that you are surrounded by love and support, your lives will change for the better.  Begin to communicate with your guides because it will make their day if you do.  They live in full-time service to you and are excited to help you.  Pay attention to the signs that you see or what you dream.  Ask your guides for signs or to make contact with you and then pay attention.  You'll be glad you did!  Let me know if you have any questions!

XO, Veronica

Comments