R.I.P. Uncle Jim


 Today, my family (and the world) lost a good man.


My Uncle Jim was so dear to me.

I was really close to him when I was growing up.

He even lived with us for a while.


He was SO full of personality, you wouldn't 

be able to grasp it even if I explained it to you.

You just had to know him.


He was the kind of person that would call you just to tell a joke and then hang up.


He was always ready to help when needed.


He was a singer and a musician.

When I was little, he was the bass player in a band,

and they would practice in our living room.


The picture below is of him at my wedding.

I had taken off my petticoat because it was so bulky,

so he put it on and danced the night away.




I feel bad for my Aunt Diane.

They were two pieces of a puzzle,

and no one could love him more than she did.


I remember when I was little,

he told me about the "pretty bank teller" that he had his eye on.

He said he was going to go through the drive-thru and ask for her number.


And that's what he did.


And the rest is history.  

Theirs was a love like most have never seen.


My heart aches for her, and for my grandma,

and for our whole family.

He was a loved man.


And the world is going to be way too quiet without him in it.

I don't think I have wrapped my mind or my heart around it yet.


I'm so sad.


Rest in peace Uncle Jim.

You will be so missed.


lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Barbara said…
very nicely said....
He was the "baby" of our family and will be missed for sure