VSG: 2 week check-in...



I can't believe it's been two weeks already!  Time is flying.  This week I felt way better physically, but the weight loss slowed down.  Probably because the water weight is all gone and now it's real weight coming off.  Plus, I'm not allowed to do a whole lot yet, so I do a lot of sitting here.  I bet once I'm allowed to do more it will fall off.



I mean, hello...I've lost 13 pounds in two weeks and I'm like *is that all???*!  But I'm ready to get the show on the road! The other thing is that this week when I had my follow-up appointment with my surgeon, he was impressed with how well I'm doing and how quickly I'm healing, so he advanced my diet early.  That means instead of just having liquids going in and being passed right through, I have actual food in my stomach, which I'm sure weighs more.

So for the next few weeks, I am eating pureed and soft foods.  I am having things like scrambled eggs, soups, cheese, cream of wheat, etc.  I made some corned beef hash the other night and OH MY GOSH it was so freaking good! Ugh.  You don't appreciate the little things until they are gone, right?

Because I also had an umbilical hernia repair at the same time, I have to wait that few extra weeks before starting any exercise.  Who knew those repairs hurt so bad???  Not me.  But after another week, I will start doing some yoga and other various exercises.  Maybe some weight training so I have something toned for this skin to fall over.  We'll see.  

The first 7-9 months are the golden months.  You will never again lose weight as quickly or easily, and will never feel as great as during that time period.  So, it's important to take advantage of it.


XO, Veronica

Comments