Don't make me go there...


There.  Oh, we all have a "there".  Your there may look different than my there, but we all have a there.  You know what I mean...when those certain buttons get pushed in a certain order on a certain day, you are instantly transported to there.

Well, today I went there.  Someone messed with my kid.  Specifically, someone who I consider family instructed their kids to not befriend my daughter at her brand new school because she is gay.  I went awf.  That's not just a normal off, but it is awf.  I publicly said something, and I privately said even more.  

How dare someone...a PARENT no less, do that to a child!  Teenage girls have enough to deal with, add to that a brand new school, with people she has never met, and throw in a dose of "I'm going to shun you because you're different than us."  WTF people?  

As you all well know, if I feel defensive about one or more of my kids, run.  No seriously, please run.  Run because you probably deserve what I'm about to give you, but even if you don't, I'm serving it up anyways and you should probably get out of the way.  

I need to be clear that I'm not necessarily bragging.  I've worked really hard to grow and evolve as a person and I am doing pretty darn well, if I do say so myself.  Except for, that is, when I go crazy pants over my kids being wronged.  I have a feeling that will be the last thing to go in regards to getting healthy.  That primitive instinct to go all viking on someone will probably last many lifetimes to come.

But why?  Why can't I get that to change?  Why can't I be all zen and kumbaya when it comes to this area?  What kind of spiritual practice or different perspective do I need to have to put this into practice?  I don't know.  I have some guesses, but I will just have to keep trying at those and see if they eventually kick in.  If not, I just have to accept that it is what it is and that I will be a psycho when and if my children are wronged or in danger.  I just have to make friends with it. *shrugs shoulders*




xoxo v.

Comments