How is it possible that I haven't posted anything in like 9 months?


Dude.  I haven't blogged since January.  I knew it had been a while, but I just looked at the official date and... yikes!

I know you're all waiting with baited breath to hear what's been going on. ;)  Actually, it's been a rather busy year.  I will hit the highlights.

I have been in school. I graduate with my BSN in December.  I am in my last official nursing class right now (YAY!), and then I have two Bible classes and a math class and then I AM DONE (yesssssssssss *eyes closed, fist pull like Napoleon Dynamite*).

I'm still working, doing the same old thing.  This job is a bit amazing, so it will probably take something huge to get me to go.  Seriously...physically easy job, low stress, corporate hours, weekends and holidays off, AND I get to work from home?  Pssshhhhhh... yes please.

My last little baby has made it to high school.  She's on the cheer squad.  Maddie found out she is pregnant with a little girl (so, I'm going to be a Grandma!).  Courtney & her husband Anthony are doing great and having fun starting their lives.  Darren is plugging along and doing well.  Paige graduated from college this summer.  Brandon is plugging along, doing his thing.  Howard is now a Junior and tried wrestling, but didn't love it, so now he is just sticking to football.  Amy is now a Sophomore and is on the swim team.  

Sebastian graduated this summer and we helped him moved to New Mexico State University (exciting!).  He was awarded a five-year scholarship (full-ride) for football.  What a HUGE thing to happen to him!  That scholarship is worth at least $150,000.00  Huge, just huge.  According to the NCAA, a student can only play for four years.  So, they awarded him an extra year so they can bulk him up and train him.  I don't know how much he can bulk up though! When he left here, he was 6'6" and 260#.  They said they plan to get him up to at least 320# (!!).  He has gained 20 so far.  

The thing is, that after seeing him play, they immediately moved him to second string, which I guess is a tremendous honor for a freshman.  He beat out most other students for this (including some seniors).  This means he travels with them wherever they go, and if someone gets hurt, he's in (which means he has to forfeit another year).  This means he was pretty darned impressive, so I'm really happy for him.  It was exciting seeing him on TV last week when they played the Florida Gators too (he's #55). 


Beyond all of that, I'm just trying to be well and stay healthy (which is sometimes hard).  Those two are not necessarily the same things you know.  I've been trying to focus way more on the inner health...the mental, emotional, spiritual health, since the physical health doesn't always like to cooperate.  I've always been a spiritual person, but I've kicked it up quite a few notches.  I've started meditating at least once every day and that helps SO much.  Believe it or not, I have even completely gotten off of ambien (which I took for about a decade), and am sleeping like a baby most nights.  

I have learned so much and changed so much.  It's hard to blog about that kind of thing as you're going through it though.  First of all, it's such a personal thing.  It's a bit intimate, you know.  Some things more than others, anyways.  Second of all, I am an official meditating, peace-loving, kumbaya, crystal owning, hippy-dippy kind of person now.  And if you're talking to people that don't get it?  They LOVE to judge.  They think that somehow your IQ lowers a point for each crystal you own or something.  And I'm not interested in their judgment, honestly.  We all have our own path to follow and I know what is working for me and what God is teaching me.  You can argue philosophy, but you can't argue away someone's experiences.  And the experiences I have had have been life-changing.

The other reason I don't blog too much is because I hate small talk.  I have never been good at it or been a fan of it.  I don't need to talk about the weather.  I'm a deep talker.  I don't care if I just met you, I want to know your background, the struggles you have faced, your family dynamics, etc. etc.  Seriously, let's talk.  So, if I talk a lot on here, it would mainly be about deep stuff, and deep stuff when you're in a relationship would mainly mean talking about your partner.  I know Paul wouldn't be okay with me dishing his dirt on my blog (dangit), so I just zip my lip and meditate (lol).  I'll just sum it up by saying that in June we celebrated our 5th anniversary.  We still have not gotten married because I am just not sure I can take that leap.  We had a date set for April, but I had to cancel it.  I just couldn't, and he was okay with that.  We are doing okay right now and that's all that counts. 

One thing I have learned is that there is no need for regrets because you are always exactly where you are supposed to be.  I don't have to worry about staying too long or missing out on somewhere else I think I should have been instead because (another thing I have learned) nothing that is meant for you will miss you.  Let that soak in for a minute.  I'll say it again...

NOTHING THAT IS MEANT FOR YOU WILL MISS YOU.

Do you feel the power of that?  I do.  That has been one of the most life-changing things I have learned.  So, that means that I have been with the right partners (even if they seemed wrong) and haven't missed "Mr. Right" because I wasn't single.  If Mr. Right was supposed to find me, he would have and I would have known about him.  I don't have to worry about loaning someone money and them not paying me back, because if that money was supposed to be and stay mine, God will make sure I have it.  I don't have to worry if I've made mistakes that took me down the wrong path, because if another path is meant for me, it will find me.  Should I have had more kids?  Should I have had less kids (lol, jk)?  Should I have moved to Arizona?  Questions don't matter and are a waste of time.  What is meant for you will find you.  

This means that all is well, and all will be well.  No need to worry, everything is as it should be.  So, I am peaceful where I am and if/when it is time to do something different, I'll know.  It's been good talking to you...I've missed you.

p.s... there plenty to catch up on over on I LOVE YOU MORE THAN PORK CHOPS

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments