The Great Gatsby....



I just downloaded this album after listening to it on Youtube on a loop.  I thought I would be able to go and pick off some of my favorite songs, but unfortunately, most of the songs are for sale "album only".  So, I had to buy the whole album.  That's okay though because overall, this soundtrack is full of sick, sexy-ass music.  Seriously.  Artistic, dark, sexy adaptations of various covers, plus several new songs. And many of them have a vibe from the Gatsby era, which thrills me, because as I've said before, I've always felt like I should have lived from the 20's - the 40's (longer, of course, but that was "my" time).  That era is so sexy to me.  This movie and this soundtrack captures some of that.  I love it.


"Back to Black"
by
Beyonce & Andre 3000

(I never thought I would like a version
other than the one performed by the
late, great Amy Winehouse,
but I LOVE this!)



"A Little Party Never Killed Nobody"
by
Fergie
 
 





"Bang Bang"
by
Will.i.am
 
 




"Crazy In Love"
by
Emeli Sande
 
 
 
 
"Over the Love"
by
Florence & the Machine
 
 
There is so much music... so many kinds for every taste, I believe.  Darker, heavier, lighter, etc.  These are just some of my favorites.  You should check it out.

Comments