GIRLS! We run this mutha....


Do you watch HBO's Girls?

This is my new favorite show!
Seriously, I LOVE this show!  

If you're not watching it, then you should get caught up through On-Demand immediately.  Especially if you're a woman.  Because any woman in her 20's or who has lived through her 20's can appreciate the situations these girls find themselves in.  The way they settle in relationships, in sex, never have enough money to go around, are struggling to "find" themselves, etc.  Heck, I'm 40 and I'm still working on half of this crap!  Basically, its about not having your shit together yet.
And it is SO well written.  I mean brilliant.  So witty, funny and smart.  After you watch a few episodes, its like "I dare you to look away."  It can be so out of control (and I love over-the-top, out of control people when done right and intelligently).

I have spoken to some people who have an issue with the sex and nudity in it.  And some who have an issue with the cussing and the fact that the Lord's name has been used in vain (which I'm also not a fan of).  But I think its important to remember that there's a distinct difference between what a show (or art) might depict and what it might be stating is okay.  I think just because it is giving a glimpse into a small section of society or a group of friends, doesn't mean the writers are endorsing all of these views.  And I have always been a bit of a voyeur.  I want to pick someone's brain just for the sake of seeing what's in there.  I google and youtube EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) just because I'm curious, but that doesn't mean I endorse those things.  That being said, there are people who cuss a blue streak and they are friends with people who don't (Me & Allison for example. That's why I was introduced as "My sister's friend who likes to say the 'f-word' " once.)  So, I enjoy this show because I think these things give it texture and make it more real and awesome.

I love all of the characters, but I think Shoshanna has some of the funniest quotes and does some of the funniest things. And my favorite episode so far has to be Season 2, episode 3 where Hannah and Elijah do Cocaine for the first time in order for her to write a story about it (also don't endorse, but SO funny). Anyways, just had to share on one of my favorite new things!


lurve you, xoxo v.




Comments

totally loving this show