Just Finished....


"Fifty Shades of Grey"
by
EL James

Ummm.....  *cricket, cricket*.  This book left me a little speechless, and that is not an easy thing to do.  Well, almost.

Hellooooerrrrrrr (Madea voice), somebodies geTTing nasTy in heRe!  mmmmhhmmmm *side eye* *fanning self*

Have you read it?  Holy cow!  Let me just say, Miss Ana Steele is getting L-to- the-AID, and well too.  Oh those were the days, weren't they?  However, I just could not wrap my brain around the whole rest of this book.  Maybe it's the fact that I come from an abusive background, maybe I'm just too headstrong, I don't know, but every time he would try to boss her around or would snap at her, I swear my inner Madea would pop up and I'd be reaching for my purse to grab my gun. I'd be like, who da hell he think he talkin' to, where my purse? girl, let me get this gun....  Then I'd keep reading and I'd calm down then he'd do it again.  I was a mess reading this thing!  I'm laughing at myself now, but I must have been a sight to behold while reading this thing.  Last night, Paul was joking with me (and very GENTLY joking with me because he knew to tread lightly!) and trying to keep with the spirit of the book he kissed my neck and said that if I didn't do something he was going to swat my behind and put me in the corner.  AW NAH BRAH! I jumped back from him and he had a playful grin on his face and I was all business.  With my eyebrows raised I responded, only if you want to ruin your anniversary and get punched in the mouth!  Yeah, I don't think I would make a very good submissive.  Go kneel by the door with your hands on your legs and just wait for me to come into the room and have my way with you, don't look at me and only address me as sir.   
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 

Riiiiiiiight.

However, I am rooting for the sexy Mr. Grey to get himself sorted out and get his shit fixed.   Maybe I should send him the card for my wonderful therapist?  I love her and she's wonderful and she dealt with the likes of me and I'm almost "normal" now (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  What?  Don't look at me like that.).  I just started the second book and so far so good. Hopefully the second will be better than the first.

P.S.

There's NO WAY I agree to imagine this sexpot man as a COPPER HAIRED man!  NO WAY! (eww!)  He has dark hair. 

P.S.S.

How can they POSSIBLY be thinking about turning this into a movie???  It would have to be XXX rated! That or lose half the movie!  There's no way.


lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Allison said…
I haven't read the book, but I was wondering the same thing too. How in the world csn they make this book into a movie???
Barbara said…
WOW! that is the fastest I have seen you finish a book in a long time! I might have to break down and read it sometime.