These are a few of my favorite things, 2017 edition...



This week a friend of mine had a FB post that asked for lists of things that make us happy. Because the world needs more happiness, right?  We focus so much on the darkness in the world lately and we would do well to remember that what we focus on grows.

I loved the idea of changing our focus to the good so much that I thought I would share some things that I love as well.  I know I will forget some things, but off the top of my head, these are a list of my current favorite things (in no particular order).

First and foremost, LOVE is my favorite thing!  I love to think about it, show it, act in it, feel it, and meditate on it.  It is the single, solitary reason behind this current lifetime of mine.  I am here to love.

Home!  I L.O.V.E. being at home!  There is nice, but here is so much better.


Versailles!  To be honest, I'm more than a little bit obsessed with Versailles.  Ever since I learned of Marie Antoinette in 9th grade French class (I had to choose someone to do a report on and I did one on her), I have been obsessed.  I have had dreams of Versailles and actually know that I have lived more than one life as a person there.  No, I wasn't Marie Antoinette (bummer).  I know of one person that I was, but the other(s) is a mystery.

I was just telling someone yesterday that I could probably write a book on Versailles and French history from Louis XIV - Louis XVI.  At the very least, I could kick some serious ass at Trivial Pursuit.



That segues nicely into my next favorite thing which is HISTORY!  I love all types of history and probably should have majored in it.  Mostly western European history (not modern history though.  Probably 18th century and earlier).

Oh John Mayer, how I love you.  I love to look at you, listen to your music, and enjoying your mind.  Seriously, he is so brilliant, creative, and witty.  I totally get him.  Plus, I love that he has also (like me) started to "wake up."  He is growing spiritually and it's pretty cool to watch.

.

My friends and family!  I love my kids, granddaughter, friends, and family.  I have the best people around me.














 Seeing, experience, witnessing, or doing anything creative is something I live for.  I love creativity!  Creating honors the Creator.  It's a form of worship when it comes down to it.



This leads me to my next favorite...enso symbols.  "Ensō symbolizes a moment when the mind is free to simply let the body/spirit create."  It "symbolizes absolute enlightenment, strength, elegance, the universe, and mu (the void)."  Buddhist monks draw enso symbols as a form of meditation and complete each circle in one or two strokes and they are created without judgement.  

I love the idea of being able to rest in the moment and simply allowing your mind, soul, and body to create without fear or judgement of what your're doing.  If I ever get a tattoo, an enso symbol will be a strong contender.




 Fall and Christmas!  I love every season, I truly do.  But there is something special about the fall and Christmas seasons.  Not only are things all sparkly, crisp, romantic, and beautiful, but it's more about the love that begins to prevail.  Everywhere you look, people are going out of their way to show gratitude (Thanksgiving) and love to their fellow man.  Tis the season for love and peace on Earth and I love every bit of it.






Tea!  I am a huge tea fan.  Earl Grey is my favorite though.  And although it's not a "snooty", bougie tea, Bigelow Earl Grey (both black and green) is my absolute favorite.



The more things change, the more they stay the same.  I truly have only one addiction on this Earth and that is Blistex Lip Medex.  I have used this for decades and as long as they still make it, I will never stop.  I literally buy it by the case from Amazon.






I love home decor and interior design!  More than like...I love.  My Instagram feed is usually filled to the brim with different decor sites and inspiration.  One lesson in life people...NEVER be afraid to experiment with your decor!  If it doesn't work out? You change it.  Plain and simple.  Have fun!







People and things that make me laugh.  Laughter is THE most important thing in what attracts me to someone.  If you can make me laugh, you are in.

(Maddie trying to be cute in a selfie with Emma and the cat photobombing her)

Flowers.  Especially pink tulips, lilacs, and poppies.




Meditation and Spirituality...






Words and writing...


O-H-I-O.  Seriously, it is the best place to live and be from.  It is a truly lovely state.


 High-fives!  Sometimes there is nothing that can sum up the emotion or feeling of a situation like a high-five.  If you know me or have spent any time with me, I guarantee I have given you five at some point or another.  Fives are the best ever.



Relaxing and doing NOTHING. I am a reformed type A personality.  Now, there is nothing I like more than relaxing.  Relaxing is my jam.



Last but not least, POSITIVITY!  No Debbie Downers allowed!  If you are someone who always has negative things to say or criticisms, then I don't want to spend much time with you.  I can't stand that stuff!  LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!  

Even on the bad days, we are surrounded by so much beauty and goodness.  You have to look for and find it.  No one will create a beautiful life for it but you.  Find the beauty and the gratitude in every moment of your life. 



XO, Veronica

Comments

Unknown said…
I love ❤️ this post! It was a round the world tour of my good friend, inside and out. Always be you as your are simply splendid! XOXO Lauren