Love notes from Grandma...


After my Grandma died, my Aunt was going through the rest of her things and came upon a little card box.  The box held cards that my Grandma had written out for each of her grandchildren to be read after she was gone.

*insert ugly cry here*

Although the notes were short and sweet, they still showed how much she loved us.  I used to keep the most recent birthday and Christmas cards I received from my Grandma because I never knew when it would be the last one.  Last month it occurred to me that I will never again get a card from my Grandma and it broke my heart a little bit.  Probably the next day, my cousin came by and told me what they had found and gave me one last card from her.  That meant the world to me and it is something I will keep forever.

Today, I got to get my hands on the rest of the cards.  I didn't want to write about it until everyone else had their cards too.  So, today I got to be the bearer of love from Heaven as I delivered all of the cards to my cousins. They were touched and happy.  I didn't get to see any of their true reactions though.  Because, like me, they all wanted to wait until they were alone to open their cards because they knew they would probably cry and they wanted that to be a special moment with just them and Grandma.

What a blessing my sweet Grandmother was and is.  She always tried to make things special and she is still doing it.  The only thing that would have made it even sweeter is if when we opened the cards an instant lottery ticket fell out (she always did that for Christmas...and this was my cousin Tom's thought...I'm just agreeing).






XO, Veronica

Comments