Love notes from Heaven...


Last month on Emma's birthday, she said, "Do you think anyone send me an actual card this year?  Should I check the mail?"  I replied, "I don't know.  The only person that ever sends me a card is my Grandma."

Then it hit me...my Grandma isn't here anymore.  I will never get another card from her.  The tears started falling from my eyes as I realized that I will miss that.  I always saved the last Christmas and birthday cards she sent me...just in case they were the last.  And now she is gone.

Well, the very next day, my cousin Michelle stops by and says she has something for me...it was a card from my Grandma.  I just stared at my Grandma's handwriting on the card for a moment and started to cry.

See, after my Grandma died, my aunt was going through the rest of her things and she found a little card box tucked away that had love notes that my Grandma had written for each of her grandchildren.  She wrote them years ago when she thought she was going to die to let us each know that she has enjoyed this journey with us.  Nothing long or fancy, just short and sweet, but priceless. 

I was sworn to secrecy because not everyone had their cards yet.  I waited patiently, but after a few weeks, I asked for the box so that I could deliver all of the cards myself.  Oh what a day that was!  I called each of my cousins to tell them I had something for them and asked them to meet with me.  I didn't tell them what it was about because I wanted it to be a surprise. 

Each and every time I explained what the card was, instantly I saw a little sparkle of love light up in their eyes and a smile spread across their faces.  What a blessing that not only did I get to be blessed by my card, but I received another blessing every time I shared that love with my cousins.

Love lights us up...and a lot of souls got lit up that day!  There was a little love revival happening in our family that day!  I did feel bad for a few though.  For some reason there were a few people who didn't get a card.  We don't know if she ran out and forgot to buy more and fill them out, or if they got lost or something...we don't know.  But one thing is for sure.  She loved her family and loved her grandchildren.  She wouldn't have forgotten anyone on purpose.

I've learned a lot from my Grandma since she has passed.  I learned that perhaps she is a little more sentimental that I used to give her credit for.  I'm so grateful that she had the foresight to bless us like this.  My love for her only grows deeper as the days go by, and I can't wait to see her again.





XO, Veronica

Comments