Ever considered becoming a vegan?


Remember how I said that part of a spiritual awakening usually includes a change in your dietary habits?  How you'll just be naturally drawn to them?  Well, it finally got me!

Don't get me wrong, I like meat. I'm a big ol' carnivore.  However, as you begin to awaken spiritually, your vibrations rise.  And when your vibrations rise, things that vibrate at a lower frequency are incompatible with your energy.  You naturally move away from them.

What does this have to do with food you might be asking?  Okay, follow me for a moment while I explain.  If everything is energy (and I do mean everything...the table, this computer, the sun, the trees...all of it), then what kind of energy are you putting into your body?  You are what you eat after all.

If you have an innocent animal that is kept confined, not in the best conditions, and then killed against it's will in a way where they were probably afraid and/or traumatized right before death, where did that energy go?  Simple, it is still in the animal.  You are taking in that energy through the meat and animal products and assimilating it into your own body.  This in-turn lowers your frequency.

Still with me?  That's why as you move down a spiritual path, you will most likely not only have compassion for the animal, but you will naturally be less inclined to eat the meat.

I had been drawn to changing my diet for a while now, but was totally resistant.  But when I finally submitted, I realized that I already eat pretty vegetarian and just wasn't thinking about it.  My daughter has gone vegan, but I am vegetarian.  Why?  Because you're crazy if you think I'm going to turn down a piece of cake because it has egg in it.  Pssshhhhh!  And I'm definitely having cheese on my enchiladas and burritos.  So, even though I'm not really eating meat, I will have animal products and I'm okay with that for now.

To be totally honest, I'm more of a flexitarian.  What is that?  Well, that is a perfect marriage between two worlds.  That is someone that eats primarily either vegan or vegetarian, but is okay with eating meat once in a while.  I have decided that as long as I am eating in a cleaner more mindful way at least 80% of the time, then I am comfortable with that.

If I go to the pub with friends on a Friday night, I'm getting wings.  If I have a craving for a burger, I'm eating one.  Whatever I eat, I eat with joy, gratitude, and gusto and I think being in alignment with your energy in that way trumps the negative energy that may be in the food every time.


Making the change has been pretty seamless.  It really hasn't been hard for me at all.  I already love vegetables, so it was easy.  However where I have always struggled and still do is with eating fruits.  Most people find this funny as fruits are usually easier to eat than veggies, but I'm just not drawn to them.  I don't dislike them, but if I buy them, they will sit there and rot more times than not.  I need to get better at that.

I'll try to write more in the future with some recipes, tips, and tricks that I have come across.  But for now, I will give you a simple one.  Instead of adding ground beef to your pasta, roast some veggies in the oven and then put them in the pasta to add texture and flavor.  In the picture below, I roasted some zucchini, squash, mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and onion sprinkled with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  So delicious.



XO, Veronica

Comments