Day 23


The Lord knows that there are many books I love.
It's hard to find one that I even like,
so when I find one I love,
I stick with it.

Well,  I will never forget when I first read this book.
It was instant love!

When I first heard of the series,
I admit that I was kind of oblivious.
I tend to shy away from anything trendy,
because who wants to do what everyone else is doing?
I don't.  Usually.

Plus,  I have this thing about vampires.
When I was little, I was Salem's Lot and it
FUHREAKED ME OUT.
I had nightmares forever about it.
I declared a moratorium on anything vampiry from my life.

But then my kids fell in love with Twilight.
When Courtney & Maddie were both all-things-Twilight,
I felt guilty not knowing what they were reading.
Who knows if this stuff was a bad influence,
or filled with sex and gore.
I decided, I had to read it 
in the name of good parenting.
NOT because I wanted to.

Well, I flew threw that book....
and was enthralled!
By the next day, I was
completely in love with Edward.
I immediately drove to the store and bought the next one.
And the next one, and the next one.

I loved the way this had undertones of morality and standards.

Of course I've seen all the movies,
but needless to say,
I don't love them.
I think she's a horrible Bella.
She's a horrible actress.
Blah.
lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments

Allison said…
I read the first book a couple of years ago over spring break. Though I really enjoyed it, I just haven't gone on to read the others. Not because I wasn't interested, but because I don't take much time to sit down and read.