Day 21


A picture of something you wish you could forget.

I always teased him about his "swagger",
because I loved to watch him walk.
He carries himself in such a way that mesmerizes me.

Whenever we'd hang out,
I'd always watch him walk to his car because it made me smile.

Sometimes, I would even take a picture of it and send it to him.
He just laughed at me.

The last time he left my house,
I hollered down the steps after him,
"When am I gonna see your face again Straus?"
He answered, "Monday."
With a tone that said, of course it would be Monday.

This was the picture I took as he walked to his car.
I was going to send it to him with a smile.
Things came crashing down before I could.

That was the best afternoon ever.
If you all could peek inside that afternoon,
you'd see it was the best.

Within minutes, it was the worst.

I wish I could forget the worst.
 

lurve you, xoxo v.

Comments