Spending Freeze...


How much do you spend in a week?  Not base expenses, but extra stuff?  I can spend a lot. 😬😏

Lets just say I have a small-ish addiction to the convenience of Amazon.  Soooo... I've decided to put a few things into practice in preparation for 2019 which is going to be my year of health and well-being (physically, spiritually, financially).  Might as well start now, right?

For the past few months since I don't eat much anyways, and since Emma was away working at Cedar point, I started going without grocery shopping on some weeks.  And it was always just fine.  The world didn't fall apart and I never went without. 

The truth is that I (and probably you too) have plenty.  We don't need to shop all the time.  And we will be just fine if we don't go out to eat, or if we wait till next week to order that thing online. 

So, I decided to make it official.  Beginning today, I am going to do a spend-free week every single month and I think I will save a crap-ton of money.  At least several hundred dollars per week. I mean my grocery budget is like $125, plus having dinner with family or friends a few times per week is at least 100, plus one or two hundred shopping...it adds up!

Now, I will still have my regular fixed expenses like bills and fuel for my car.  But anything extraneous, including groceries, is off the table. 

I'm excited to see how it goes.  I already know next Saturday is going to be a fail, because I forgot my son-in-laws birthday dinner is at B-Dubs that day.  Oops.  At least I'll have six out of seven days! 


XO, Veronica

Comments