Joyeux anniversaire à la Reine!


On November 2, 1755
Archduchess Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna
aka
Queen Marie Antoinette
was born in
the Hofburg Palace
in Vienna, Austria.

She was the last Queen of France before the French Revolution.
She was kind and personable.
People liked her,
even though her name and character have been
drug through the mud over the years.

She did overspend while the rest of the country was in poverty,
that is a fact.
However, I personally believe much of that is due to ignorance.

I think she lived in such a bubble that she honestly
didn't know what a vast difference there was
between her lifestyle and the rest of France.

Also, I think there was a lot of peer pressure.
When she simplified her dress to a "muslin dress",
there was gossip and slander because everyone
thought that was improper attire for a Queen.

I think everyone forgets just how young she was!
How old was she when she married Louis?
15? I think so.
She was only 37 when she was killed.
She was young and subject to pressure.

I don't know, that's just my opinion.
I love her.

Happy Birthday to the Queen!


XO, Veronica

Comments