Shepherd, Savior, Pasture-maker, hold on to my hand," and You say "I am."





Because of you, I am.

You first loved me.

You are enchanted with me.

I can never be worth of your love,

but you love me regardless.

I sin, I disappoint,

I find myself doing things I never thought I would...

And even though you saw it all long before it happened,

You chose to die for me anyways.

And you would do it all over again.

Even if I didn't do things any better the second time around.

Even if I did worse and caused more pain.

You are so beautiful Lord.

You are worthy and Holy

and I am so humbled by your mere existence.

Steven Curtis Chapman's lyrics come to my mind,

"cause what I really want to say
Is what the sun would say to the sky
For giving it a place to come alive
But my words get in the way
Of what I really want to say"

Thank you for everything that this day means Lord.

Amen.







Comments

Allison said…
Praise God for His amazing, undeserved grace and mercy!!

P.S. And I love that Nichole Nordeman song!!!