Friday five




  1. The rain here this week is freaking me out.  I like the rain if it's not too heavy AND if I don't have to go out in it, but this week made me feel like I was back in good ol' Ohio.  Last night the news actually said we had a tornado watch for a little while (!!!).  I remember when I first moved here, one day when talking to Collin I said, "my biggest fear with weather is always tornadoes.  They scare me to death."  He smiled and said, "don't worry...we don't get those here."  HA!  My dear, dear friend... have you not learned after all these years of having the inside scoop on my life that I have THE. WORST. LUCK. EVER.?  Rain, rain, PLEASE go away.  SOON.
  2. Woke up this morning with a fever, headache and wicked nausea.  Gonna go back to bed to see if that helps (which is why this post is gonna be super short and sweet).
  3. Go back to work tonight.  Hope all goes well.  Found myself on monster.com last night looking for jobs.  I have no idea why, other than the fact that I dream of having a job someday where I don't punch the clock and where matters of life & death aren't the most obvious issue of my day.  If I could find a job that paid as well where all I had to do was sit at a table (better yet, MY table...work from home!) and put little pieces parts together or some other mindless job...that would be HEAVEN.
  4. Pray for Jessica please.  Her newest shunt has a raging infection in it (again) and they have her in the hospital once again.  The are pumping her full of antibiotics, pulling out the shunt and replacing it with a temporary one for ten days while they get all of the infection cleared up, THEN doing surgery AGAIN to put another brand new shunt in. :(  I've lost count of how many surgeries and hospital stays she has had in the past few months and I know she is weary.  They are worried that she won't be able to graduate this year because of all the missed school.  Continue to pray for her and her parents (Mike & Maribel) please.  We love you Jecca!  Keep your chin up!
    Ok, I guess I only have four in me for right now.  I need to lay down.  I'll get the other (hopefully more interesting) point up later if I feel better.  Hope you all have a great day.


    xoxo
    ♥ veronica

    Comments