The difference between 16 and 10

I was packing up some things in Madelaine's room today and started sorting through a pile of Courtney's belongings that she had left here. There were some hair products, some clothes--then out dropped a piece of folded up paper. I opened it up and saw a bunch of numbers written in Courtney's handwriting. It suddenly occurred to me that this was my CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. I was FURIOUS. I called her and of course she claimed to know nothing about it. The more I tore into her butt she started to say, "Well, I won't say that I didn't write it--I'm just saying I don't remember writing it."
After attempting to cool down, I went back in and tried to continue packing. I picked a decorative pillow up off of Maddie's bed that has a zippered cover on it--and I felt something crumbly inside like a piece of folded up paper. I instantly started yelling, "OH HELLLLL NO! NOW MADDIE'S HIDING THINGS TOO???" I unzipped the pillow and shoved my hand inside........................... only to find an old skittles wrapper. She didn't want anyone to steal her candy. I wish I could freeze them at that age forever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww, Maddie would never strike me as the type of kid to hide things like CC numbers. Your little Diva Courtney on the other hand....

I know that child is a handful, but you gotta give her an A for effort. As unbelievable as her excuses are, they are certainly creative!
Anonymous said…
I still hide candy in my pillow case....lol
Kim said…
A Skittles wrapper -- LOL!!!!
I loved this little post you wrote today. YES, there can be a very big difference between the 2 ages! Hiding candy... that's just too cute.