Friday Five


  1. First of all, the Friday Fifteen has been changed to the Friday Five because my life just isn't that interesting.
  2. Am laying in bed today feeling like I got run over by a truck. If I'm going to feel hungover I at least want to have drank the night before and enjoyed it! I'm seriously thinking about not going to see the fireworks tonight, but made plans for Darren to go with us and don't want to disappoint him.
  3. I found a house that I want to rent! Now if only the owners would let the house want me. They mentioned a credit check in their ad which is always nerve-wracking after the ordeal I've gone through. I left them a message briefly explaining and begging them to let us be great tenants for them.
  4. I was just thinking about the scene from the SATC movie where Carrie is racing downtown to make it to Miranda's before midnight on New Years Eve because Miranda was having a hard time. She made it just in the knick of time and they cried and hugged then spent hours girl-talking on the couch. I have no idea what made me think of this, but it reminded me that I sure am glad I have my girlfriends.
  5. I called Allison last night because I was afraid to leave work last night. I was afraid that I'd run into the old flame again so I was hiding on my floor in the dark. It was nice to be flattered and validated, but I know him well enough to know he'd try to go further with it. She finally convinced me to just make a run for it and if I saw him tell him I can't talk because I have diarrhea or something (which would totally kill the mood) and book it. lol When I got off the elevator, I heard the familiar sound of keys jingling on a cops belt and tried to see in the mirrored ball on the ceiling who was coming the other way. I couldn't see in time and only proved to me that in situations where I need to hide quickly--I suck. There I was, spinning like a top trying to find a place to hide when around the corner walks Wes, the old security guard from the hospital--and NOT the one I'm worried about. *Phew!* I made it out safe and sound and didn't need to tell anyone any lies about diarrhea!

Comments

Shawnda Lee said…
So weird!! I totally thought of that scene from that movie yesterday!! I LOVE that about girlfriends...always there when it matters most...like that one weekend we went to Cincy...that's what it's all about!
Allison said…
I love your friday five. Even after hearing some of the stories on the phone from you, I still laugh reading them too. I can totally see you spinning around like a top! Ha Ha! Poor Wes was probably thinking "What the heck??" LOL