Devil with a blue dress on


Oh let me count the ways that I am soooo happy the last two work days are O-V-E-R!!! I wouldn't even know where to start! Last night was worse than the night before, which I wasn't sure would be possible...but it was. It was my turn to float to another floor, so I got to float to ORTHO (makes me wanna puke just saying it!). I got into a "tiff" with another nurse before heading over there...which is pretty much unheard of for me, I get along with everyone, but i have trouble with her for some reason and I feel like total crap because I made her cry. Yikes...you can imagine the guilt right now. So then when I get to ortho the nurse over there who shall remain nameless (but not odorless thats for sure!) tells me that she did me a favor by only giving me three patients since she knows I had a bad night last night. What she didn't know was that I was well aware that they were the three WORST people on the floor. So of course I immediately called her on it. I said "DOING ME A FAVOR?? YOU GAVE ME THE DEVIL AND HER TWO COHORTS!"

She thought I was kidding at first because she didn't realize that I had to help hold down and restrain one of these patients the night before and got kicked, punched and scratched. She just kept screaming over and over "I'M THE DEEEEVILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! I'M THE DEEEEEEVILLLLLLLLLL!!!! I HAVE HORNS YOU JUST CAN'T SEE WHEN I'M IN THIS BODY!!!!!!" When someone tried to calm her down by saying nicely "do I detect an accent there? :) Where are you from?" She responded by screaming "DID I ASK YOU WHERE YOU'RE FROM???? YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO ASK ME WHERE I'M FROM!!! YOU'RE NOT THE HOLY ONE!!! YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!!! I'M THE DEEEEEEVILLLLLLLL!!!!!" Now mind you, to look at this woman she would look like a total sweet little old lady but I thought it was totally fitting that our hospital gowns are blue because she became known as the "Devil with a blue dress on" to me.

And of course, the doctor wanted to try a night without restraints. Um, okay then. Good luck with that......not! GOSH! IDIOT! lol The devil pulled out her i.v. The devil pulled out her catheter. The devil pulled out her drains. It was a lovely time.

So now I get to go to bed and then spend time with my kids then I get to head out tonight to a big birthday night out for my girls Kathy and Marla. Nah nah nah nah gonna have a good time!!!! (And if anyone plays devil with a blue dress on tonight I'm gonna catch a case! Hope someone has bail money! lol)

Comments