Feelin' salty!


I love a cuss word as much as the next person. Probably more. Sometimes in the heat of the moment a sentence just doesn't feel complete unless you throw in a descriptive little curse word. I used to have an inside running joke with a friend that whenever we cussed we would stop and say "appopriate use of a cuss word" lol... because sometimes they are just that...APPROPRIATE. But lately I have to admit, my mouth has turned from "an-appropriate-use-of-a-cuss-word" mouth into a plain old "potty-mouth". And I hate that. Time to rein it in. I noticed it when I watched a couple of movies lately (one was "The 40 Year Old Virgin") that would've been good movies except that I was so distracted by the constant cussing. It irritated me so bad that I found myself wanting to turn off the movie and then I realized that I probably sound like that on a daily basis! lol YIKES Now I will probably never stop cussing altogether...I'm trying to imagine it....nope, no way. LOL But the Bible does say:

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt...

So what does that mean? Well, grace means "Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion; A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement." So basically ladylike. Ok got it. So what about the salt? I've heard many messages on it and read a couple of books on it and this is what I came up with. There are many points to this.....who knew salt was so awesome? lol First of all, salt makes you thirsty. Your conversation should leave people thirsting for more of you. They should hang up the phone or walk away from you craving more. Just like eating popcorn in a movie theatre...you can't wait for a drink! Second, duh....salt seasons things....makes them taste good. Your conversation should change someones bland day into something better. Third, salt is a preservative and your words should be used to solidify and preserve your relationships. Fourth your body is made up largely of salt. If your sodium levels are too low...you're in big trouble. You will be confused and probably be having seizures. You need salt to live. Fifth, salt holds things together.....it's even in cement! Who knew? So your words should always be constructive not destructive. And last but not least....salt can melt ice. This is my favorite one. :) Living in Ohio I'm all too familiar with stupid ice! I can't stand the stuff. But throw some salt on it and it starts to melt instantly. That's how our conversation should be. Even the coldest hearts can be melted by the right words. You can heal wounds, you can create romance...nothing can stay frozen around some good salt. :)

Comments