Don't make me come out there!

What is wrong with kids??? Seriously! I swear a gene is missing from the DNA of kids today that make them just plain stupid when it comes to certain things! For instance....... what kid in his or her right mind, knowing that their mother has to work in a few hours, knowing that she is a BIG GRUMP when she wakes up.... fight, argue, kick, scream, etc. and wake her up??? STUPIDITY! And then to top it all off ARGUE with the grumpy, woken up mom when they are getting "talked to"!!! STUPIDITY! UGGGGHHHH!

I'm telling you, I know I did some dumb things when I was a kid, but one thing I KNEW was that when mom was cranky....shut up and stay out of her way! You didn't have to tell me twice! First Courtney starts text messaging me at like 6:45 this morning (as she's getting on the bus)....wakes me up early. Fine, I'm up early...big deal. So I go lay down for a while (I have to work tonight) and I'm not asleep an HOUR and she sends me two more texts....10 mins apart and wakes me up 2 more times. Fine, no big deal...I'll go back to sleep I tell myself. SO THEN she and Darren aren't home from school for 10 minutes before I can hear them screaming and fighting out in the living room. Courtney's hormonal right now and so that means that we are ALL in hormone hell! She can put me to shame any day! LOL So I'm awake now and I'm PISSED. I scream for them to get back to my room and they have the nerve to come in their still yelling! STUPIDITY!!! The madder I get the lower my voice starts to get..... see, these are all subtle clues to them that I'm getting ready to strike....kind of like a rattle snake and it's rattler. Do you think they've learned to notice??? Nope! Know why??? Because kids these days are STUPID when it comes to this kind of thing!!! lol

I end the "discussion" (and I use that term very loosely lol) by saying slowly and quietly to them..... "would you rather have me OUT THERE in your faces making sure you behave? Or BACK HERE sleeping????" The looks on their faces said this.................. "OH CRAP!" hahaha In unison they both said "back here sleeping." So I threatened to remove any and all earthly happiness from them if they went back out there fighting again.... and I thought it would work. But on the way out of the door Courtney breaks down in a hormone haze and starts this dramatic, screaming, crying fit... "Darren you *sniff* need *snort* to*sniff* just*sob* leave*sniff* me*snort*alone*sob snort sniff*". Poor kid.... It's tough being a girl at any age, but those teenage hormones are the pits aren't they? And needless to say, not only has Darren not learned to tread lightly around me, he REALLY could care less about treading lightly around Courtney!

So here I am...awake. Wondering how I'm going to get through tonight with only about 2 or 3 hours sleep under my belt. I have the first four hours off so that's a blessing....maybe I'll fall asleep in the chair or something. If not I'll look like night of the living dead tomorrow. LOL The other day one of the doctors that always comes in first thing in the morning looked at me and said "have you ever thought about going to day shift?" and I said "no, why?" and he replied, "because you're not looking so good....I don't think nights is agreeing with you." Gee, thanks buddy! lol You're looking at a sleep deprived woman who's been awake for a day or so, stressed out after working, doesn't feel good....and you're going to be heartless enough to tell her that she LOOKS like crap too???? STUPIDITY!!! Come to think of it, maybe it's NOT just kids that are missing things from their DNA! ;)

Comments