VSG: 1 Week Post Op...


There is only one word that can sum up this week...

BRUTAL.

Seriously, this has been a rough week.  I know things can always get worse, but still.  Pain, nausea, liquid diet... none of those things are good.  Put them together and...UGGGHHH.

But, one week down!  I would say I'm losing a pound or so per day at this point.  I am lucky in that I haven't had any trouble getting in all of my hydration or protein.  I haven't struggled with that at all.  I do have trouble getting in calories though.  Not sure if that matters at this point or not to be honest.  Pre-op, I had to get in 80g of protein and 800 calories per day.  Post-op, I know I have to get in at least 60g of protein and I am averaging around 500 or so calories per day.  

 ~one week post op weight~



On the day of surgery, I was 227.6, but after surgery I was up to 234 (because of all the fluids and swelling).  It took me the whole week to get back down to that surgical weight.  I am still counting all of those pounds in my weight loss though!  Just because I had to lose them a second time doesn't take away from the fact that I still lost them! 


I have one more week of the liquid diet to go.  Although when I spoke with my nurse yesterday, she gave me permission to start taking in some slightly thicker things like smoothies, cream of wheat, soups that have the chunks strained out of them, etc.  So maybe this week will be a little more tolerable than last week!




XO, Veronica

Comments