Energy: The law of attraction...


This is part three of my series on energy.  You can find part one here and part two here.  In this post I want to address attraction.  As in the law of attraction.

There have been so many seminars and books and infomercials made dealing with this topic as if it's some kind of a get-rick-quick scheme.  While there is some truth to what these programs had to say, I think they were missing the major point of it all.

It isn't, "Think these thoughts and you will bring to you whatever you want".  But it IS, "whatever frequency your energy is vibrating at will attract the same energy."  What you put out, you get back.


Have you ever wanted something so badly but you just couldn't have it?  Whether that thing was a job, a relationship, a person, a friendship, a home, etc.  You wanted it, you fantasized about it, you could practically taste it...but it just wasn't meant for you?  Exactly.  Then you know what I'm talking about.

See, you will attract what is on your vibrational wavelength.  If that job is not going to be good for you...you won't get it.  If that person you want so bad isn't good for you, or maybe they are vibrating at a lower (or higher) frequency than you?  You won't have them either.  You may be able to force it for a while or even manipulate circumstances to get you what you want. But you will never be able to hold onto that thing.You won't be happy or you won't be able to keep that relationship together.  Circumstances will always be against you.

I like to call living right in the middle of that energetic sweet-spot "the flow".  You're right where you are supposed to be and you aren't fighting the system.  You're just allowing things to flow to and from you as they're supposed to.  That's being in the flow.  And when you're in the flow?  The universe conspires for your success.


Let me give you an example.  I knew it was time to leave Paul for quite a while before I actually did.  I was determined to stay and make it work.  No matter how hard I tried, how much work I put into that relationship, it was a daily struggle to coexist and not want to strangle each other.  When the day came that I decided to leave, I made a decision that no matter what it took, I was doing it.  I was leaving Paul and moving home.  So I prayed about it and started planning.

I had NO money.  Like seriously, I was broke.  But I knew that it was time to go.  So, I prayed and told God that I felt like I was being told it was time to move home and I was going to need about $10,000.00 in the next three months to make it happen.  I didn't sit and wait for it to happen, I just started planning as if I already had the money.

I daily fantasized and visualized my new life back in Ohio and the friends I would spend time with.  I kept meditating, and being the person I knew I was supposed to be and I poured positive energy into this "home" project.  Well, the money started flowing in.  It came from every unexpected place you could imagine. Unexpected refund on my financial aid, tuition reimbursement, rebates, an unexpected $1000 bonus at work, etc.  It took until literally the last minute, but when it was all said and done I had been sent $10,000.00 in three months, just in time to move.

And it wasn't just the financial stuff either.  Little things like the movers and my brother being able to help drive the uhaul and not being charged extra to paint my house (long story but it would've cost me a lot of money that I didn't have).  And I had a phone interview with someone at my new place of employment.  After just a few sentences she said, "I never do this, but I just know that this is right and you are saying all the right things.  I'm just going to stop you right here and offer you the job."  Before moving home, I had a place to live and a new job waiting for me.  The universe conspired for my success.   God is good.

The valuable lesson that I learned from all of this is that there is no sense in struggling.  Put your desires out there.  Let them be known...and then release it.  If it is meant to be...if it is vibrating at your frequency...it will come.  You don't have to beg, borrow, steal, or chase it.  Just relax and stay in the flow.





xoxo v.

Comments