Cocoon



     This is my final day of a five day staycation...and I am exhausted.  My whole body is achy and tired.  I'm a bit depleted.  In hindsight, I know that I should have paced myself better.  So today, I plan to spend the day in my pajamas and soothe my soul with some Earl Grey from my favorite cup.  My kids gave me this Christmas coffee mug years and years ago.  It's sentimental to me and so whenever I want to cocoon and take care of myself, out comes the cup.

     I fully admit that I overdid it this weekend.  It has always been my personality to go full-tilt when I get a new idea or have a new project.  However, in this new season of my life, I know that one of the lessons I am supposed to be learning is that slow and steady wins the race.  

     One of the many things I have learned in the past year is how important it is to stay balanced and to love yourself.  Self-care is crucial to be happy and peaceful.  So, although I wish I had taken a few days for taking care of myself, I will try to make the most of this day.  I plan to meditate, blog, and chill.  Life is sweet and I am so grateful for times of rest and restoration.

xoxo, V.

Comments